Saturday 11 March 2023

Hugs for You


Welcome
Today's card features another newly released stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called Trailing Vines.
I decided to do a technique using some plastic wrap on my Gel Plate.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I got out my Gel Plate and some plastic wrap.  I pressed some Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink onto one side of my plate and some Cracked Pistachio on the other side.  I brayered the colours together and then placed a piece of wrinkled plastic wrap over the plate and pressed it down, transferring the wrinkles onto the ink on the plate.
  • Next, I removed the plastic wrap and rubbed a piece of white cardstock onto the plate to get my background.
  • I placed the Trailing Vines stencil over my inked background and blended some Rustic Wilderness over the whole panel.  It really added such interest to the leaves.
  • I splattered using my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • When it was dry, I die cut the sentiment words from the center of the panel and then cut the shadow of the sentiment with some white cardstock and glued the two together.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of light purple cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I pop dotted the sentiment over the main panel.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Cut it Up Challenge- THIS MAKES ME HAPPY
TicTacToe- DIE CUT/ GREEN/ LAYERS

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- Distress Oxides
Paper- white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (ACLD); TE Blending Brushes; die (Heffy Doodle); 
white Posca pen; plastic wrap; Gel Plate; brayer

7 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

What gorgeous colours Karen and a wonderful design, Kate x

Pat said...

This plastic wrap makes a wonderful background Karen, and love the trailing vines stencilled over the top making an amazing dark background which shows the patterned leaves up splendidly, and the white background to the sentiment makes it stand out well too. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this technique with plastic wrap - it gives a fabulous background! Love you end result with the stencilled leaves.
Blessings
Maxine

Susan said...

Gorgeous colours, beautiful new stencil. I love the texture you achieved with the plastic wrap.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What a wonderful result Karen, something I must try, although without a Gelli plate it will be very different! hahah. Love the different effects and colour mix.
Faith x

Larelyn said...

Stenciling is so much fun and this looks like a fantastic technique. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up This Makes Me Happy challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Rhodidodi said...

you have reminded me that I have a Gel Plate, lurking in my cupboards somewhere in my craft room! I love the background you have created. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenges.