Sunday 17 September 2023

Peeking Pumpkin


Welcome
Today's card features the new for September stencil called
from A Colorful Life Designs. A cute one for sure.
I paired it up with an older stencil release called Mid Century Shadow. They worked perfectly together.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station, then placed the Mid Century Shadow stencil down and inked that up with some Carved Pumpkin and Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide ink. 
  • Leaving that stencil in place, I inked up the Happy Pumpkin right over that with some Black Soot Distress Oxide ink.
  • I removed the pumpkin, but left the Mid Century stencil in place and I added a bit of shadowing with more of the Black Soot.
  • I stamped the sentiment, then glued the panel onto a piece of black cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I added 2 black gems on either side of the sentiment.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says WED.- MAKE IT CUTE
Colorful Options- OUTRAGEOUS ORANGE
Two Old Bats Halloween- ANYTHING HALLOWEEN

Supplies
Stamp- Happy Halloween (Studio G)
Inks- DOX; Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs), Make Art Station (Ranger);
TE Blending Brushes

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Love this cut up pumpkin.
Faith x

Pat said...

The angled piece of orange card with the fun and cheery pumpkin face and sentiment in black look great on this Halloween card Karen. x

Nicolette said...

nice card, but we really ask for an autumn card, not a halloween. Your card therefore cannot participate.
Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog