Friday 15 September 2023

For Your Birthday


Welcome
Today's card features the new for September stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called
A great one for this time of year.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I found a piece of cardstock that I had rolled ink onto with my brayer while Gel Plate printing.  I thought the yellow would work well for the background.
  • I put that inked up piece onto my Make Art Station, placed stencil #1 from the Layered Fall Foliage onto my cardstock and inked it up with some Carved Pumpkin and some Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide ink.
  • I removed that stencil and placed stencil #2 (leaf details) into place and inked it up with some Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide ink.
  • I removed the stencil and then used my white Posca pen to add the dots.
  • When it was all dry, I placed it into my Misti to stamp the sentiment and clear heat embossed it.
  • To add more definition to the main panel, I drew a red line around the edge using a Tombow marker and a ruler.
  • When it was all dry, I glued it onto a piece of red cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • Finally to finish off my card, I added 3 black gems around the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Cardz 4 Galz- LEAVES
Seize the Birthday- USE FALL COLORS

Supplies
Stamp- Birthday Blessings (IO)
Inks- Versafine Clair, DOX; Tombow Marker
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
white Posca pen; Misti (My Sweet Petunia); black gems; 
clear eb powder; TE Blending Brushes

11 comments:

Pat said...

The two different shades of orange look great together on the stencilled layered leaves Karen, and the black sentiment and enamel dots finish it beautifully. x

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful card!!! That layered stencil looks fantastic, and I especially love it on your yellow background!! Gorgeous color combo! Thanks for playing along at The Male Room Challenge!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How very beautiful and vibrant too Karen. I'm here with 2 hats on so will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our Leaves challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful, vibrant, autumnal card Karen
Blessings
Maxine

Fiona said...

Lovely card - great use of a background that you had in your stash - just goes to show we use everything as crafters. Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room

Linda said...

Lovely card. Great use of Fall colors for your Fall foliage. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

JoAnn said...

Great use of those colors and the stencil on your lovely card. I really like the sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Dawn Phillips said...

I love the vibrant, eye catching colours. It's a stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

Donna Scholz said...

Karen, what a beautiful fall birthday card! Love all the stenciling of the leaves, and how you embellished the sentiment with the black gems. Your decision to add the red border around the edges of the main panel was brilliant!! Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us at The Male Room for our "leaves" challenge!!! -Donna

Nancy said...

This card is perfect for our Fa;; Colors Topping at Seize the Birthday. I love the added white dots and how you framed the stencil with a pen. Great card Karen! Thanks for playing along,

Lynda said...

What great colours - so vibrant and fun. Sorry for the late comment (I was away), but thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT