Sunday 22 October 2017

Graffiti Christmas

Hello and Welcome.
Meet today's card.  
I wanted to make a masculine holiday card and this is what I came up with.

One of my favorite techniques that is fun and easy is called
Basically what you do is ink the inside of your eb folder, spray with water and press onto your paper.
Here, I used an embossing folder from Carabelle and inked it with Distress inks to create my background.  Love how it came out and a wonderful way to get more mileage from your folders!
Next, I die cut the snowflake from SSS and heat embossed it using silver powder.
To help it pop, I mounted it over a small piece of vellum that I rounded the corners on to match the shape of the die.
Stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches using my Misti and done.



Adding my card to these challenges:

Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES
613 Avenue Create- ANYTHING GOES/MASCULINE OPTION
The Corrosive Challenge- ANYTHING GOES
Simply Papercraft- ANYTHING GOES

Thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Joyful Greetings (Paper Smooches)
Ink- Distress Peeled Paint, Forest Moss (TH)/ Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti/ EB folder-Texte Grunge (Carabelle)/ snowflake die- SSS/
silver eb powder/ heat tool/ Cuttlebug/ vellum/ Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

24 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

looks great and wonderful card Karen

gr karin

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

stunning!! what a cool technique :)
hugs
preeti

cuilliesocks said...

Brilliant card, fabulous design and great colours, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

Stunning masculine card and a great technique. So effective and so unique and great idea to get more out of the folders. Thank you for the inspiration...again....Fabulous x

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful and unique card design. Great use of the folder too.

Pat said...

This is absolutely great Karen and I love the EF technique and then the die with the vellum over the top looks perfect. A wonderful card! x

nancy littrell said...

OMG,Karen...I Love every single detail of your creative and artsy Christmas card. I need to make an Embossing Folder Stamping card. Your background is so wonderful for your die cut and heat eb snowflake mounted on vellum accessory. Your sentiment is perfect as always too. TFS my friend. Hugs

Brawny x said...

Fabulous work Karen. Great design and techniques x

Bonnie said...

You certainly have a talent for this embossing folder technique, Karen! Mine never come out this evenly! Guess I need more practice! Love the embossed die cut with the vellum behind it! Brilliant idea!

Bobby said...

Great color and design, Karen. Great technique too.

Mia said...

Beautiful card, Karen. Thank you for the instructions.

Susan said...

Love the way you did the snowflake die with the vellum. With the embossing folder stamping behind it, you've created a wonderful arty card!

Christine Alexander said...

Love the non traditional Christmas card, the green embossing folder print is awesome :)

Loll said...

Such a creative and fun, masculine design, Karen. Your designs are also so unique and amazing! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Love this Karen, fabulous and creative.xx [aNNie]

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Karen - the embossing looks as though it was done with a thick paste through a stencil!! Love the final effect
Blessings
Maxine

dutchess said...

I love this KAREN....I never think to use my embossing folders this way...your designs are really inspiring...I even took The cellophane wrappers off my oxides and had a go! Xxxxxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How ingenious to put this together, it is masculine but it is also very Christmassy, a Super card.
Faith
x

Lisa said...

Love this! Very cool and beautiful! A card for just about anyone!

Barb said...

A really beautiful card Karen. Loving the colour and I really like the way you've put the snowflake die onto a vellum backing. Barbxx

Dortesjs said...

Brilliant card fabulous design I do love this card

Lori said...

What a cool Christmas card! Such a fun technique. Love the addition of the vellum and snowflake!

Nora Noll said...

This is so COOL!! I LOVE this technique!!

Marilyn said...

Fab card and such a clever and inventive design!