Wednesday 16 May 2018

Celebrate Your Day- CAS Watercolour Challenge

Hello and Welcome.

It's time for another card for the 

Fun theme this month:


I began by inking up my embossing folder using my Distress Oxide inks.
I started at the top with the lightest colour and worked down to the darkest.
When it was all inked, I sprayed it with water and pressed it onto my white cardstock.
I love the print it created.
Next, I placed the inked piece into my Misti and stamped the sentiment using black ink. I clear heat embossed it to make it pop.
As a finishing touch, I doodled a blackline border around the edge.
Simple, fun looking card.


I hope you will come and play along with us.
Thanks for stopping by.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Seize the Birthday- IT'S JUST A NUMBER
Artistic Stamper- BACKGROUNDS
The Creative Crafters- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Birthday Letter It (Ranger) 
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Distress Oxides- Fossilized Amber,
Candies Apple, Peeled Paint, Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers,
Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet (TH)
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; clear eb powder; heat tool; Numbers Embossing Folder (Darice)

16 comments:

Pat said...

This is gorgeous Karen and love the mix of bright rainbow colours, and the inked embossing folder pressed on to your card has come out so well, also the black sentiment gives great contrast. x

nancy littrell said...

Wow..Your EB folder rainbow stamped background turned out beautifully, Karen. I love your bold stamped sentiment and your doodles border. So creative. TFS my friend. Hugs..P.S. Such a Happy card design:-)

Bonnie said...

It IS fun, Karen! Such a happy card! You got a great monoprint from your embossing folder. And that big, bold sentiment is a perfect fit!

Christine Alexander said...

awesome Rainbow stamping with your embossing folder. great mix of colours :)

Loll said...

LOVE this technique Karen. And the numbers are just PERFECT to go with your pretty Celebrate sentiment. The doodled border is a wonderful finishing touch. xx

Barbara said...

I love this card! I have a big smile on my face as I am saving this idea for future use. I love everything about it, but that doodle line around the card is fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.
Barbara DT member

OH Babs said...

Karen this is one of my favorite techniques which I love to do and to teach. This is not an easy embossing folder to do something with but you made it look fantastic. Always love your creations. :) Barbara R

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a fabulous background. I think I tried this once and it did not get as sharp a color pattern as you got. I might have to try it again some time soon. I sure love your card though.

I Card Everyone said...

So fun, and an incredibly cool impression with one of my all-time favorite 'tools!'
=]

Daria Z. said...

What a wonderful and fun birthday card.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great job with the vibrant colors on your numbered background. Perfect for a birthday card of any age.

Marcia Hill said...

FABULOUS card Karen! I love how you inked up your embossing folder with the rainbow colors...what a fantastic idea!! Your simple sentiment in black really packs a punch along with the border...LOVE it!! :0)

Mac Mable said...

Love how you used the embossing folder to make this artsy and amazing card x

Jane Elizabeth France said...

Wow Karen!!!.. the vibrancy of colour on your card is just amazing!!.. beauuutiful. Thank you so much for sharing in the artistic stamper challenge x

Priya said...

Beautiful card and love the colours.Thanks for joining us at creative crafters challenege
Priyadarshini DT

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so beautiful, Karen! The rainbow stripes with numbers are so fun! Love that you drew the black border around the edges. Congratulations on your win at Seize the Birthday! Hideko xx