Sunday 2 September 2018

Trees- The CAS Watercolour Challenge


Hello and Welcome.
A new month means a new theme at the 


Great theme for this time of year.
I have been so super busy with little time to stamp so I had to whip up a CAS card in a jiffy, and this is what I came up with.

I began by masking my heavy white cardstock with some Post-It tape.  I have been having good luck using it and it removes easily without ripping the edges of my card.  
After masking, I placed the piece inside my Misti and stamped the trees with black Memento ink.
Next, I watercoloured in the background using some diluted Distress Oxide ink.  I also did some inking using a sheet of acetate and then stenciled using a piece of drywall tape.  It's amazing how much interest and depth just adding those few extra steps to your background can make.
When it was all dry, I used my ScorPal to score a frame around the scene.  It finishes the inked area off just perfectly by defining the space.
Lastly, I stamped the sentiment.  

Be sure and check out what our talented DT's have created this month.
We are also welcoming the talented Ros (Mikey's Mom) this month

Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you get a chance to play along with us.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES
Stamping Sensations- 'B'  (blue)
613 Avenue Create- ANYTHING GOES CLEAN AND SIMPLE
STAMPlorations- CAS CARDS

Supplies
Stamps- Tree Silhouettes (STAMPlorations)
Inks- Peacock Feathers DI (TH)= Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia)= Post-It Tape= drywall tape= ScorPal= 
sponge applicator (TH)= paintbrush= acetate sheet= Mister (TH)

21 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS Karen!! I love all the detail you added by using the acetate and drywall tape, and then the scoring around the masked off area...SO BEAUTIFUL! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Mac Mable said...

Your background sure has wonderful depth with adding the elements to it. Wonderful colour of blue and great interest, which hi-lights the silhouette trees beautifully. Gorgeous card for the occasion X

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous background for your trees Karen, I love the touch of stenciling a and your silhouette trees.

nancy littrell said...

Stamping your trees and then filling in the background by watercoloring thru stencils adds so much depth and interest. TFS and including your description, Karen. Love your wide white framing too. TFS my friend. Hugs.

Papercraft Boutique said...

The acetate inking and the drywall tape stenciling made a gorgeous background, Karen! The black silhouette trees look striking against the blue. Love the subtle but effective scored framing! Hideko xx

Loll said...

Beautiful sympathy card Karen. Love the extra details with your acetate watercolouring, drywall tape stenciling, and scored frame. All combine into one beautiful masterpiece! xx

papierelle said...

Beautiful scene. Love it!!

Ros Crawford said...

What a beautiful BG for those wonderful trees! Love this card! So happy to be joining you this month!

kiwimeskreations said...

What an awesome card Karen - and such an appropriate one to use as a sympathy card.
Blessings
Maxine

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful sympathy card, I love the trees and your background, lovely serene colouring too, Kate x

Verna Angerhofer said...

A wonderful sympathy card and I love those trees and the background you made for them.

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful trio of three different trees over your lovely blue background Karen!

Pat said...

The trees are so pretty over that blue background Karen and the dry wall tape stencilling works beautifully. x

Bonnie said...

Fantastic depth of design and color, my friend! So perfect with the silhouetted trees!

Susan said...

What a perfect sympathy card! Wonderfully simple in design and sentiment. Beautiful combination of the blue and black!

brenda said...

A lovely creation for a difficult occasion, many thanks for joining our 'I Spy' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely card made for a difficult occasion. The stencilling on the background gives it a sense of depth and works really well with the trees. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

ankitag612 said...

Such a gorgeous distressed background! Love the silhouette style stamping of trees. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a lovely day! xx Ankita

Anke said...

So beautiful, a lovely card for a difficult occasion.

Hugs
Anke

Sheryl said...

Congratulations you are one of this week’s Top Rockers at 613 Avenue Create - don’t forget to pick up your badge from the Top Rocker page.

Tami said...

Awesome work with this Stamplorations Tree Stamps! I love your scoring around your stamped cas cards!