Tuesday 16 October 2018

Celebrate Smiles- CAS Watercolour Challenge

Hello and Welcome.
Time for a reminder card for the 

We are using a colour theme this month and we are also celebrating our 2nd birthday with prizes so please come and check it all out.



The card I created is a super simple design using green, orange and brown inks.
I began by die-cutting a circle to use as my mask.  I laid the mask in place and stamped the image using some Rich Cocoa Memento ink.  Then I sponged on some Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide inks around the opening of the circle.  Using some Carved Pumpkin and some Bundled Sage, I painted in the background.  Just press your ink pads onto a non-stick craft sheet, spray with some water and you have ink to pick up with a paintbrush.
I removed the circle mask and stamped the sentiment using my Misti with the same brown ink.  Lastly, using a piercing tool, I poked small holes all around the inked circle to help add interest. 


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Hope you will come and play along with us.

Supplies
Stamps- Laugh (Impression Obsession)= Sweet Wishes (Penny Black)
Inks- DOX- Carved Pumpkin, Spiced Marmalade, Bundled Sage (TH)= Rich Cocoa Memento
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia)= piercing tool (Ranger)= inking tool (Ranger)=
paint brush= circle die for mask (Spellbinders)

12 comments:

Loll said...

Sweet image Karen. I couldn't help but smile when I saw that adorable smiling face!! :) Fantastic way to use the challenge colours. Love the pierced framing which adds a special touch. xx

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card. I so like the way you've used the colours with that image.

Mac Mable said...

What a gorgeous and happy stamp and love the tiny little holes around the circle. Fabulous inspiration, thank you x.

Marcia Hill said...

What a fantastic card Karen...I LOVE the image you used! You water colored her (or around her) just beautifully with the challenge colors and I really like the circle of holes too! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Pat said...

What a sweet face Karen and I love the way you have used the three colours together with the brown ink for the image and sentiment, and the piercing round the circle looks great. x

Christine Alexander said...

such a pretty stamp Karen and I love the pierced frame around the image :)

I Card Everyone said...

Karen this is fabulous! Have you tried this with a black and white print of your own photo yet?
=]

Susan said...

What a great image, Karen! Makes me smile just looking at it! Love the way you used the colours around it and for the card base!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful happy card, Love it.
Faith
x

nancy littrell said...

Your beautiful image is making me smile, Karen. I love your stamping, colors and paper piercing. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Bonnie said...

A smile is certainly something to celebrate, Karen! I love this image and the wonderful colors around it! The piercing adds a wonderful border!

Brenda said...

What a fun card! I love that image and love the way you blended the challenge colors on this fun image. Love the piercing as well. A fun card that makes me smile! Hugs, Brenda