Sunday 28 October 2018

Doodled Plaid for Christmas


Good Morning.
Today, I have the pleasure of hosting the TLC (Technique Lovers Challenge) over at Splitcoast Stampers.  
My challenge is one you may want to try too that I call Doodled Plaid.
I always think that doodling adds such a fun sense of whimsy to any card and as the colder weather approaches, the thought of curling up with a cozy plaid blanket is a very welcoming thought.

I began by die-cutting a circle to use as my mask.  I wanted to create a clean and simple card, one that will be easy to mail.  I placed the mask over my white card front and using this great stencil called
It just made the perfect, whimsical looking plaid for my card front.  
I laid the stencil down and rubbed some Peacock Feathers DOX ink over the surface.  I removed the stencil but left the circle mask in place and using a fine-line black marker, I added the lines to make the plaid.  
Next, I removed the mask and stamped the sentiment and tree branches over the plaid and to help define the area even more, I pierced holes all around the circle.  
The finishing touch was to add 3 blue dots between the branches.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Back to Basics- STENCIL OR MASK
Watercooler Wed.- ALL ABOUT HOLIDAYS

Supplies
Stamps- Hand-Lettered Holiday Greetings (MFT)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento= Peacock Feathers DOX (TH)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Simple Grid Stencil (A Colorful Life)= Pigma Micron blackline pen= 
piercing tool (Ranger)= circle die for the mask (Spellbinders)= Cuttlebug= blue dots 


14 comments:

papierelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
papierelle said...

You are now a blanket designer. Great!!
I like the comparison between the blanket and your created card.

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful design Karen, I love the crisp clean look of your card, lovely frosty colours, Kate x

Loll said...

This is adorable Karen. I love the look ... it does remind me of a cozy blanket. The doodled lines really define the plaid. Great design my friend! xx

I Card Everyone said...

You are so very clever, Karen! LOve your doodled plaid!
=]

nancy littrell said...

Simply Joyful and Creative circle plaid Christmas design, Karen. I love how you doodled your plaid and added your sentiment and greenery. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Fabiola said...

elle est charmante cette carte Karen, sobre et si moderne, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Tristan said...

I'm envious of anyone who can doodle. I think you card is beautiful and love the colour scheme and layout you've used. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

Bonnie said...

This makes me feel warm and cozy, Karen! Love the doodled lines and the branches and "berries"! The sentiment is the perfect fit!

Heidi Weaver said...

I love the doodled plaid, Karen. It's the perfect backdrop for the script Merry Christmas and the pine twigs with the blue berries in between. A great example of a beautifully designed clean and simple card. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

AlisonC said...

Very brave. I always think I'll spoil a card by doodling but it really does give a good look. Beautifully CAS. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

Cazro said...

A stunning card, simple and elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at Back to Basics and Beyond. Caz. DT

Bobby said...

Great idea for a great plaid, Karen.

Lady Joyful said...

Wonderful card! Perfectly CAS and great use of colour. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT