Saturday 20 April 2019

Creative Chaos

Hello and Welcome
Happy Easter.  Glad I some time to play today.  
The title of this card describes my 'crafting time' perfectly.....I get moments here and there to create and it is therapy but a lot of times that leaves my desk in chaos.

So onto my card details.
I began with a piece of acetate, rubbed on some Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick and Carved Pumpkin DOX and sprayed with some water.  I pressed that onto my heavy white cardstock.  
When that was dry, I placed it into my Misti, stamped the flower with black and then clear heat embossed it as I knew I wanted to watercolour the flower head and didn't want the black ink to bleed. 
Using some more DOX inks in the same colours, I rubbed the ink directly onto my non-stick craft mat and picked up the paint with a wet paintbrush to fill in the flower.
Leaving the piece in my Misti, I stamped the grid and circles with more Carved Pumpkin.
I added some stenciling using the Happy Dots (love that stencil for adding a bokeh look to bkgs.) and the Simple Grid from A Colorful Life Designs.
I had some ink left on my mat so I used that to add some splatters then stamped and embossed the sentiment.
I mounted it all onto a plain white card base.




Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- SPRING MOD BOARD
Use Your Stuff- EASTER/ SPRING
Craft Stamper Magazine- TAKE IT, MAKE IT STAMPED


Supplies
Stamps- Creative Chaos (Visible Image); Wanderlust (Studio Light); 
Patio Stone (Designs by Ryn)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; DOX- Carved Pumpkin, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick (TH)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); stencils- A Colorful Life Designs;
non-stick craft mat (Ranger); paintbrush; makeup brush

20 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Karen, I'm still loving this stamp and will probably buy it in the near future :)

Pat said...

I love the pink and orange tones with this pretty flower and the stencils work beautifully in tbe background and all finished with a great sentiment. Hope you are having a good weekend Karen. x

Dandi93 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karen, loving the colors but it's the combination of elements that is so striking. Love the collage look, it is something I struggle to do but get to enjoy others who have a gift of putting elements and colors together. Awesome job

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

STUNNING.
Faith x

Viv said...

A card that looks so effortlessly put together Karen but an amzing amount of details. The stencils add that little bit extra too. Great card!

nancy littrell said...

OMG..Gorgeous creative chaos with your beautiful layers of colors, stenciling, stamping and coloring, Karen. TFS your beauty and your step by step creating, my friend. I just got this beautiful stamp set recently and am totally imspired to try your techniques. Happy Easter and Hugs...Nancy

Bonnie said...

Another pretty version of this flower, Karen! Love these colors and the creative chaos that makes wonderful art! Happy Easter my friend!

Nancy Soetaert said...

I love your awesome card!
Nancy

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful. Great design and colors. I hope your Easter is a great one too.

Annick said...

great flower, no matter what colour it is in ! hugs, Annick

Loll said...

From chaos come art! Amazing mixed media design Karen. Love your layering and your gorgeous colours! xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! The colours and ink work are so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Mac Mable said...

Glorious colours and love the use of the stencils. Great contemporary stamped flower and a stunning card x.

Susan said...

Wonderful colours, lots of layers and textures, beautiful flower!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the colours and stamped layers you have on this stunning card Karen
Blessings
Maxine

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Karen, lots of fabulous details.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

dutchess said...

I just love this Karen...fabulous colours and that great stamped flower ...really stunning xxx

shirley-bee said...

Pink/orange/yellow seems to be my favourite colour scheme at the moment, and it looks fantastic on this gorgeous card!! Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It :)

Crafty Humphreys said...

Love this project Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper April Challenge Suz xxx

Karen Brown said...

Stunning card!