Sunday 16 June 2019

Jump in Puddles- CAS Watercolour Challenge

Hello
Time for a reminder card for the 

Our theme this month is Something Blue.


So here's what I did to create my card.

I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and my acrylic mask, positioning it over my card front.  I used my elastic wrapped acrylic block again, inked it up with DOX inks (Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass) and sprayed with water to stamp with.  To add more interest, I did some acetate inking; rub inks onto a sheet of acetate, spray with water and apply to paper. 
When that was dry, I rubbed the edges with some more DOX ink, then splattered on some water to resemble the falling rain.
Next, I removed the mask and placed the piece inside my Misti to stamp the Rain Dance girl.  
I stamped the sentiment, then scored a frame all around the inked area, I like how it frames up the inky area.  
I glued that onto some blue cardstock then onto a plain white card base.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
I hope you will check out the beautiful blue gallery.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Just Us Girls- COLOR WEEK
My Time to Craft- WATERCOLOR
CAS on Friday- PEOPLE


Supplies
Stamps- Rain Dance (Technique Junkies); Puddles (Impression Obsession)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; DOX (TH)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook); blue cs
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); ScorPal; elastics; acrylic block;
acetate sheet; clear eb powder; heat tool; sponging tool

20 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful piece of art Karen.
Faith x

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE the image and that background is just so lovely!! GREAT card!!

Loll said...

This background is just perfect for your silhouette image, Karen. I love the way you've left and area of white behind your silhouette ... really makes it pop! Perfect sentiment to finish! xx

Bonnie said...

Your background does look like rain, Karen, and I love the sweet image and sentiment!

Christine Alexander said...

Karen, this is such a fun image, I love how your blues frame the person dancing in the rain :)

Jeanne H said...

Great image! Love the blue colors...now I need to get that stamp.

Donna Ellis said...

That sounds like fun! When we lived in Southern California, we always played in the rain. But here in Florida, we have to be careful. If we hear thunder, it means don't be out in the rain! LOL - your masking is GORGEOUS and the jumping girl is fantastic! I love your horizontal lines in the background, Karen! hugs, de

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful and creative artsy background for your playful girl jumping in the puddles. Love your perfect sentiment..as always, my friend. TFS Hugs...Nancy

Pat said...

Another great silhouette image and sentiment Karen and lots of interest in the background in thos pretty blues and the blue layer brings it all together beautifully. x

Linda Simpson said...

Loving the sentiment and wonderful background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a fun card with the puddle jumper. Reminds me of my childhood and just yesterday I saw my granddaughter doing this very same thing. Some things don't change I guess.

Dori said...

What's an elastic wrapped acrylic block?

Susan said...

Great idea to score around the masked section - it really sets it off. Lovely colours and blending with lines from the elastic bands - they give a great sense of rain.

Mac Mable said...

Love how you've contained the water colouring and the mixed media techniques in the rectangle area and the black silhouette looks fabulous....great sentiment too x.

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous background, fab image and wonderful sentiment! xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What an amazing result Karen - this card is absolutely stunning
Blessings
Maxine

cotnob said...

A super card Karen, a great design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Nancy said...

Karen, Such a great silhouette stamp and sentiment! The background in those pretty blues looks beautiful. This might be kinda strange but I see a face in your background. LOL Always such a pleasure having you in our gallery at Just Us Girls!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MTTC, good luck!!! Amy DT

ƅsaJ said...

Such a lovely card! Really like your design! Thanks for joining CAS on Friday! Hugs ƅsa