Monday 24 June 2019

Catch a Star

Good Morning and Welcome.
We enjoyed such a wonderful sunny, warm summer weekend here.
My card depicts the feeling of playing out in the garden in the summertime.

So onto my card details.
I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and placed my acrylic Rectangle Mask from A Colorful Life Designs over that. I just love how easy these masks are to use and no more taping or paper tearing.
Next, I inked up my acetate sheet with some Cracked Pistachio and some Broken China DOX inks, sprayed with water and pressed onto my white cardstock.  I repeated that process until I was happy with the coverage.
When that was all dry, I placed the piece into my Misti and stamped the flowers first, the girl and then the sentiment with some Blueprint DOX ink.  I clear heat embossed the girl to help make her pop and I also rubbed some ink along the bottom edge to help ground the flowers.  
I removed the mask and glued the piece onto some navy cardstock then onto a plain white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- Summer Fun
Seize the Birthday- COVER THE CARD
International Art and Soul- STARS and /or STRIPES


Marvelous Rectangle Masks
Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs

Supplies
Stamps- Meadow (Inkadinkadoo); Handwritten Happiness (MFT); 
Whimsy Silhouette (Jenni Bowlin)
Inks- Distress Oxides (Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, Blueprint Sketch) (TH)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook); navy cs
Accessories and Tools- Rectangle Mask (A Colorful Life Designs); clear eb powder; heat tool;
Tombow clear glue; Misti (My Sweet Petunia); acetate sheet; Mister (TH)

11 comments:

Bunny said...

Beautiful. Love the blues. [Bunny]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So Beautiful Karen, a delightful scene.
Faith x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, love the silhouette.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pat said...

Beautifully done as always Karen in your signature colours and love that sweet little girl amongst the flowers, and the perfect sentiment too. x

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful image and fabulous background, loving the colours and that lovely sentiment, Kate x

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Karen, I love your backgrounds :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving how you are using silhouette stamps against you backgrounds. This is gorgeous Karen
Blessings
Maxine

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Karen, such a sweet little girl - I love the beautiful blues you have been using recently.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Ashwini Rao said...

Awesome! Love the background and all the silhouettes! Being the same color, even the sentiment seems like a silhouette itself!! Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty card with a wonderful background and what a fabulous silhouette image x. Your card sure does depict playing outside in the garden in the sunshine x

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Perfect shading and a sweet silhouette. Thank you for joining us at INTAAS. Jennie DT.