Saturday 10 August 2019

Stencil Merging


Welcome
Today I am playing with some new stencils and I wanted to try and find 2 that would compliment each other so I could merge them together.
This is what I came up with.

I began by positioning my Rectangle Acrylic Mask over my heavy white cardstock.  I laid down the Matisse Splash stencil on the left side of my card and rubbed on some Faded Jeans DOX ink over that.  I lifted the stencil and then placed the Nautilus Waves stencil right up against the first one and applied some more of the ink.  
Next, I placed the piece into my Misti and stamped the girl and then the sentiment with black ink.
I removed the mask then mounted it onto a piece of heavy white cardstock and a white card base.
Who doesn't want to cheer when they get to go to the beach!?


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Cards 4 Galz- SUMMER FUN
Pattie's Creations- BEACH/UNDER THE SEA
Time Out- RELAXATION



Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs

Supplies
Stamps- Praise Silhouette (Impression Obsession); Bring on the Sun (Technique Tuesday)
Inks- Faded Jeans DOX; Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Rectangle Mask (A Colorful Life Designs); Nautilus Waves and Matisse Waves stencil (A Colourful Life Designs); Makeup applicator brush (Dollar store); Misti (My Sweet Petunia)



11 comments:

Pat said...

The two different stencils work splendidly together Karen and then the black silhouette figure and a wonderful sentiment. I think the Faded Jeans DOX ink comes out slightly lighter than the ordinary Distress Ink. A beautiful finished card. x

Christine Alexander said...

Great effect with the two different stencils Karen, so pretty :)

Mac Mable said...

Fun idea to pop the two stencils right up against each other and it works beautifully and the faded jeans DOX is such a pretty colour. Great sentiment and love the silhouette stamped image x Yes who doesn't want to cheer when they go to the beach? x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your background stencilling, great ones to put together. LOVE the stamped image and the great sentiment.
Faith x

Lucille K said...

Your combination of stencils work wonderful together. And, you're spot on - who doesn't love the beach :)

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful idea and so beautifully executed Karen - a stunning card is the result
Blessings
Maxine

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a pretty card! Love the stencils and that great sentiment. Thank you for playing with us at Cardz 4 Galz and hope you can join us again soon.

Nonni said...

Fun way to use stencils! I love the sea vibes of this card, the blue color is so soothing and pretty... My favorite color! Love the silhouette as well. Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

Misti said...

Karen, this is fabulous! This card makes me want to go buy more stencils!! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz!

Shona Chambers said...

This sentiment is brilliant, I don't like swimming in the sea but would love to live by the ocean. And being outside in Summertime is the best. The stencil goes so perfectly with the sentiment and love the silhouette off to the side. Such a beautiful CAS design and always happy to see you at TIME OUT!

Pattie G said...

This is so nice! It goes perfect with our current challenge “Beach/Under the Sea” at Patties Creations Design Challenge. Thanks for joining us…
Pattie
Artist and Owner