Tuesday 6 August 2019

Birthday Time


Welcome
Here is a simple, more masculine card I made to have on hand for some birthdays that are coming up.
Super simple but fun, playing with my Distress Inks.

I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock.  I rubbed some Peacock Feathers DOX and some Salty Ocean DOX inks directly onto my non-stick craft mat.  I sprayed with water and slapped my paper into the wet ink.  I like the way that technique leaves some of the white space behind.
When that was dry, I inked up the smaller clock face with some white acrylic paint and pressed over the inky bkg.  Be sure to wash you stamp immediately after when using paint so it doesn't stick and get hard in the grooves of your stamp.
Next, I stamped the big Tim Holtz clock then added the grid on the top and bottom to give more interest.
I placed the piece into my Misti to stamp the sentiment and then added some white dots with my Gel pen.
I mounted the piece onto some white cardstock, then pop dot mounted that over a plain white card base.



Thanks so much for coming by to take a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Shopping Our Stash- BASE IT ON A BOOK
(Good Night Moon- a children's book about time for bed..."good-night clocks")
Brown Sugar- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Weathered Clock (Hampton Arts); TH Weathered Clock; Grid Bkg (SSS); Everyday Sentiments (YNS)
Inks- DOX (TH); Memento
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Mister (TH); non-stick craft mat (Ranger); 
white acrylic paint; pop dots

9 comments:

Mac Mable said...

The tones of the blues are so pretty Karen. Great masculine card and love the way you stamped the clock with white acrylic paint....it looks so artsy x.

Bunny said...

A wonderful card. I love the patterns and of course the beautiful colors. [Bunny]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful masculine card, love the stamping.
Faith x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card...love the background!
Thanks for "bookin it" with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

Pat said...

This is a great card and in your favourite shades of blue which I love too Karen and a perfect masculine card. x

Christine Alexander said...

perfect colour combo, love the clock face for a masculine card

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful design Karen and the colours are super, love this smoosh technique too.xx

kiwimeskreations said...

A fabulous masculine card Karen - love it
Blessings
Maxine

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome masculine card, Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for Base it on a Book.