Friday 16 August 2019

Brusho Butterflies


Welcome
Here is another card I made for our Colourful Butterflies theme at the 



We are so happy to have a Guest Designer joining us too.  
Guest Designer:  Amy (Miss_Lomax_Art)


Such a pretty gallery this month.

This card was a simple, quick to create one using some Brushos and this beautiful butterfly stamp.

I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and placed it into my Misti.  I positioned my Collage Butterfly over my cardstock, then I sprinkled some Brushos onto the dry paper.  I sprayed the stamp with water and pressed into the Brushos, activating the colours.
I used a wet paintbrush to spread any wet, leftover ink onto any areas that didn't get colour and stamped again.
As that dried, I took another piece of white cardstock and scored two lines, one at the top and one down further where I was going to position the butterfly, then stamped the simple sentiment under the scoring. 
Finally, I glued on the butterfly panel and then glued it all onto a heavy white card base.



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
I hope you will come and join us!

Supplies
Stamps- Collage Butterfly (Prima); Everyday Sentiments (YNS)
Ink- Tuxedo Black Memento; Brushos
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Mister (TH); ScorBug; ScorPal

12 comments:

ionabunny said...

Cool technique. Lovely result. Hugz

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Karen, love your design and colours, such a change from your usual blue, Kate x

Annie said...

This is a very cool looking result. I love the sounds of that technique. I wonder how it would work out with Color Bursts. Something to experiment with. You are always a great inspiration.

Pat said...

The scored lines work beautifully to frame that pretty butterfly Karen and the Brusho colours are so hot and spicy. A great look for this fabulous card. x

Bonnie said...

You enabled me to buy this stamp a while back and I loved using it for a class. Now I need to try it with this technique! What an amazing card, my friend!

aussie aNNie said...

Fab way of using the collage and brusho's love the awesome colours.x

Loll said...

Gorgeous image Karen, especially with the bright sunny colours of summer. I admire the different ways you use a product. Your card is amazing. The dotted lines from the bug are sweet. You sent me one of the bugs years ago but I couldn't figure out how to get a straight line. You mentioned just a little while ago about using it with your scor-pal. Light bulb moment for me! :) xx

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous Karen, I love the artsy distressed effect of using the brusho's direct to stamp :)

Mac Mable said...

So artsy and fabulously unique Karen. The colours from the brusho's look fabulous and what a striking technique x. Loving this one Karen x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! This is such a vibrant and Beautiful piece of work Karen, just Gorgeous.
Faith x

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Karen!! I just love the stamp you used and the technique too...I love using Brushos so I must give this a try!! Lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gloriously vibrant butterfly Karen - a stunning card
Blessings
Maxine