Tuesday 18 February 2020

Comfort and Peace


Welcome
Here is a card I made using those wonderful trees again from Penny Black called Winter Woodland and paired it up with this Tree Ring stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.
So here is what I did to create my card.

I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and positioned my stencil over my paper.  Using some Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide ink, I rubbed over the stencil with a blending sponge.  
I removed the stencil and placed the inked piece into my Misti.  I stamped the trees onto my card front first with some Versafine black ink then cleaned off my stamp.  I moved the stamp and then re-inked with some grey ink to stamp out the background.  I just love the look.
I stamped the sentiment that is from the Sympathy Sentiments set by Penny Black at the top. 
I mounted the piece onto a piece of white and gray, then onto a heavy white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs

Adding my card to these challenges:
Craft Stamper Magazine- TAKE IT, MAKE IT-ANYTHING GOES
A Bit More Time to Craft- ANYTHING GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Winter Woodland (PB); Sympathy Sentiments (PB)
Inks- Brushed Corduroy, Weathered Wood DOX; Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook); grey cs
Accessories and Tools- Tree Ring stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Blending Brush; 
Misti (My Sweet Petunia)

20 comments:

Lori m said...

Oh gosh, I love all your cards, this one is my favorite, it's picture perfect like viewing the scene outside, gorgeous, hugs,Lori m

Christine Alexander said...

so beautiful Karen,I love the way you stamped the woodland stamp and love the stencilled background )

I Card Everyone said...

Those rings of life were a perfect choice for a sympathy card, Karen... just so thoughtful, and beautiful, too!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and I love that stencil background for it. The sentiment is perfect too!

marilyn said...

Love Sympathy card..simple and elegant. Never would have thought of using that stencil in this way...love it!

Susan said...

Karen, that is a wonderful sympathy card! I love the stenciled background and the grey and black layers of trees. Exactly what I love in sympathy cards - muted colours and a perfect but simple sentiment.

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous sympathy card Karen, beautifully designed and such a lovely sentiment, Kate x x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely beautiful, it certainly gives the feeling of peace. Love it.
Faith x

Anonymous said...

Loved your previous card using the tree stamp but this one is just stunning .......
Absolutely beautiful, perfect in every way .... you are a very talented lady ��
Chris M
TFS x

Mac Mable said...

Wow this is a showstopper Karen with great colours and stamping and love how you used the stencil x. Creative and stunning x.

Pat said...

I do adore those trees Karen, they are so lovely and the tree ring stencil is an inspired choice with it, and a perfect sentiment to finish. x

Bonnie said...

Wonderful depth of your woods, my friend! Love the woodgrain stenciling with it!

Debbie Gaetz said...

I really like your design and all of the inking to create a background for the sentiment without a die cut in sight.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a marvelous card Karen - love the tree 'shadows' - that is a wonderful technique
Blessings
Maxine

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. I love it.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Karen, you have created such a lovely, tranquil scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

TLady said...

This is SO COOL, Karen! I LOOOVE trees!!! & LOVE what you've done with them & your stencil! AND BIG INKY HUGS for coming over to visit! ;)<3

Loll said...

I love your earthy card Karen! The colours are awesome together. And I love that wood slice stenciling behind your two-toned trees. Awesome! xx

Jules said...

Hi Karen

This is fabulous .. .. love the effect you have created.

The stencil looks great as a background for the gorgeous trees!

Love Jules xx

Conny said...

Oh wow.. this is a fantastic card! Really fabulous!

Hugs,
Conny