Saturday 15 February 2020

The Journey- CAS Watercolour Challenge

Welcome.
You still have time to play along with our Red and Black theme at the 



This month we welcome my talented friend Michele as our GD.
Guest Designer:  Michele (I Card Everyone)

So this is how I created my card.
I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and positioned it into my Misti with the stamps in the right position.  Using my Tombow markers, I coloured directly onto my stamps, starting with the red first, sprayed with water and stamped.  Without reinking, I moved my paper slightly in my Misti, sprayed and stamped again.  It gave such great fullness to the look of my flowers.
I stamped the sentiment using my Misti again then removed it and rubbed some Candied Apple DOX ink along the edges of one side.  I also used some Black Soot DOX ink over the red to add some depth.  I splattered with some black acrylic paint and when it was all dry, I simply mounted it onto a heavy white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Find Joy (High Hopes); Insightful Meadow (Unity)
Inks- Memento Markers, Versafine, DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); black acrylic paint; blending brush

15 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful techniques used on this Karen - the pretty off set stampings to create the dimension and the lovely sponging on the corner edges - love the black splatter as well! xx

cuilliesocks said...

Such a striking card Karen, love the floral image and gorgeous colours, Kate x x

Bonnie said...

The double stamping of these flowers does add wonderful fullness, Karen! This is a stunningly beautiful card, my friend!

Pat said...

Moving the card and stamping again has added an extra dimension to the flowers Karen, and love the sentiment and the added inking to one side of the image. A gorgeous card! x

Robyn Oliver said...

A beautiful card Karen, using the Misti to offset the stamping is a wonderful technique and gives lots of depth to the flowers... then your edge sponging in red finishes it perfectly... love it and will definitely be putting this on my 'to do' list, hugs Robyn

Viv said...

This is such a pretty effect Karen with your shadow stamping. Beautiful

Lori m said...

Stunning colors and card, hugs, Lori m

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...this is a STUNNING card Karen!! Love the idea of moving the cardstock just a bit and restamping without re-inking to get the fuller look, and really LOVE the added color along the left side of the card! Very artsy looking...love it!! :0)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another Gorgeous and creative creation Karen.
Faith x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful watercolor design. And, I think moving the paper slightly really made it look fantastic. I love the colors too!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, this is so beautiful, thank you for sharing your technique.

Susan said...

Stunning card, Karen! Great use of the red and black. The flowers are so beautiful, and the bit of sponging in the corner and splattering add a great background.

I Card Everyone said...

Queen Anne's Lace is another favorite... now I see it can be beautiful in color, too! Wonderful way of stamping these, Karen - marvelous!
=]

Loll said...

Your cards are always so amazing, Karen. Love how you've done the overstamping on the flower heads so they really stand out. Beautiful design with your black stems and splatter. xx

Mac Mable said...

What a great technique and such a glorious effect. Watercoloruing at it's best x.