Monday 15 March 2021

Welcome Spring


Welcome
I had some time on the weekend to play.
I am so looking forward to Spring....blue skies and all coming to life.
I picked out some greens and blues to make this Springtime card.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with a heavy cardstock panel for the front of my card.  I got out some Peacock Feathers,  Cracked Pistachio and some Broken China Distress Oxide inks, then I got out my Dot Circle stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  I inked over that with some green just in the corners of my card front.
  • Next, using the Tic Tack Toe stencil, I rubbed on some green and then some blue mentioned above, in random areas.
  • To add more interest to the collage style background, I stamped some script from the Faded Text set by Tim Holtz using the same inks to match the background. 
  • I placed the piece into my Misti then stamped the thistles and plants with some Versafine Clair ink.  
  • I stamped some of the foliage again along the bottom with some more Peacock Feathers ink to help better ground the images.
  • I stamped the sentiment from Avery Elle in my Misti, then glued it all together onto a heavy white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- A BIT OF GREEN
Crazy 4 Challenges- 2 STENCILS OR MORE
Daring Cardmakers- PLANT A FLOWER


Supplies
Stamps- Faded Type (TH), Nature Flowers (Art Journey); Foliage (Old Island Stamp Comp.)  
Everyday Circle Tags(Avery Elle)
Inks- Distress Oxides (listed above); Versafine Clair Noir
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook Waterloo, Ontario)
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Stencils- Dot Circle, Tic Tac Toe (ACLD), 
Blending Brushes (TE)

14 comments:

Bunny said...

Lovely card. The colors are beautiful.[Bunny]

Pat said...

This is beautiful using my favourite teasel stamp Karen, and love the foliage too, and the background in blue and green is so fresh and pretty and the two stencils and added stamped script and sentiment work brilliantly. x

Sarn said...

Fantastic looking card. Love it. x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful design and a great tribute to Spring.

Susan said...

That definitely says "spring" to me - love the fresh blues and greens. A fabulous background for the silhouette stamps.

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful design Karen, lovely teasel image and your background as always if gorgeous, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful background and love the teasel, lovely colours Karen.
Faith x

Lori m said...

Gorgeous colors and beautiful stamps, hugs, Lori m

Bonnie said...

A gorgeous background, Karen! So perfect for the thistles and greenery!

Mac Mable said...

Karen you have the most unique and fabulous 'style' and I so love these collage backgrounds. What wonderful colours and a stunner of a card x.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very nice, caught my eye how you 'shadow' stamped the foliage in blue behind the black. I have a few Old Islands like these but they are digital. Maybe if I printed them out on glossy photo card I could stencil transparent ink like DI's without losing the foliage. Hmm... xoxo

Michele said...

gorgeous card! I love your background, great colors!

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely card Karen, the fab background teams perfectly with the stamp, Robyn

Loll said...

Beautiful layered background Karen. Gorgeous with the silhouettes ... I do love thistles! :) xx