Friday 5 March 2021

Loving Wishes


Good Morning
Happy to be sharing this card with you today.
If you have read my past posts, I have been creating lots of baby cards for someone since they are so difficult to fin for Grandparents and Great- Grandparents.  The Dollar Store cards just didn't cut it for her.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock.  I laid down one of the Marvelous Heart Masks from A Colorful Life Designs and secured that with some low tack tape.  
  • Next, I positioned the Groovy Flowers mask also from ACLD right over the mask.  Starting at the top, I rubbed on some Worn Lipstick with my Blending Brushes, then some Wild Honey and then finally some Rusty Hinge at the bottom.  A new colour combo for me but I really liked the look when finished.
  • Leaving the mask and stencil in place, I stamped over it with the Friends text stamp inked with some Rusty Hinge.  It gave some nice interest to my background.
  • Before removing the masks, I splattered with my white Posca pen.

  • I cut another piece of heavy cardstock, and dry embossed it with the Dots eb folder in my Cuttlebug.
  • I decided to cut out the heart so I could pop dot it over the embossed front panel of my card but before I did that, I stamped the Congrats and clear heat embossed it.
  • I computer generated the sentiment and pop dotted that over the heart.
  • I mounted that over a heavy white card base.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.


Here is the Groovy Flower Mask I used.

Marvelous Heart Masks

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS
Addicted to Stamps and More- DIE CUTS AND/or STENCILS


Supplies 
Stamps- Friends Script (Hero Arts); Scripted Bold Sentiments (Pinkfresh Studios)
Inks- Distress Oxides; Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook, Waterloo, Ontario Canada)
Accessories and Tools- Masks (ACLD); Posca Pen; Blending Brushes (TE); low tack tape; 
computer generated sentiment

14 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great way to make the beautiful heart and what a unique and special card Karen x.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card Karen and I love the pretty colors on your heart design.

nancy littrell said...

You would not find any card, let alone a Great Grandparent card at any store, my friend! Your friend is going to be so pleased with your beautifully stenciled card with such a wonderful color combo. Love your stamped sentiment and text sentiment, Karen. TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

Everything about this darling card is GROOVY, Karen!! LOve the ink choices you've made especially!
Gorgeous!
=]

Pat said...

This stencilled heart is beautiful Karen and love the three wonderfully blended ink colours and framed with the aperture heart before adding the pretty stencilled flowers give a lovely clean edge to it. The background embossed dots and white splattering go perfectly, and a lovely appropriate sentiment to finish. A brilliant and special card. x

Loll said...

Beautiful card Karen. Your design is just perfect for a Grandparent to celebrate the newest family member. xx

Sarn said...

It's a wonderful card. X

Susan said...

Love the flower mask over the heart and the colours you used - what a great card for a great occasion.

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful heart, Karen! A great idea to do new grandparent and great grandparent cards!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a beautiful, unique and happy heart for the Grandparents, they certainly won't have a card as beautiful or similar to this. Love it.
Faith x

JenniferE said...

This is a fabulous card! I was thinking just what you wrote...definitely a different color palette for you! I love it! Beautiful stencil work and colors!

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Karen - love the extra texture that subtle stamping adds to the heart. Fun colour combination too!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

laurie said...

Gorgeous heart!!Thanks for joining us at ATSM!!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So lovely. Very unique for the cards you were commissioned to do. Love!