Monday 22 March 2021

Rockin' Birthday


Welcome
Meet today's card.
A really fun and easy one to create.  These two stamp sets work so great together.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with a piece of white cardstock cut for my front panel.  I positioned the Dot Circle Stencil from A Colorful Life Designs over my panel, then I used my blending brush with some Peacock Feathers and some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide inks to stencil.  I applied the ink with varying pressure to help give it a feeling of motion as if the record was spinning.  
  • I took another piece of cardstock and stamped the record and the turntable arm from the Vinyl Greetings set in my Misti.  I clear heat embossed it to give it a shiny look like an album would have.  I stamped the 'Happy Birthday to You' from that same set onto the center of the record with some red ink.
  • I fussy cut out the record and the arm and set that aside.
  • I placed the stenciled piece into my Misti and stamped the sentiment from the For the Record set along the bottom. 
  • I pop dotted the record onto the center of my card, then added the turntable arm.
  • I glued it all onto a piece of blue cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.




Here is the Dot Circle stencil I used.

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs

Adding my card to these challenges:
Stamping Sensations- MONOCHROMATIC

Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.


Supplies
Stamps- Vinyl Greetings (Create a Smile);  For the Record (Honey Bee)
Inks- Versafine Clair Noir, Distress Oxides
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook, Waterloo Ontario)
Accessories and Tools- Dot Circle Stencil (ACLD); clear eb powder; heat tool; TE blending brushes,
pop dots; 

12 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Such a great card in all ways.
Faith x

Bonnie said...

Ooh, I love this! The circle of dots makes a fantastic background for this fun record!

Pat said...

Pretty blues used in the background with the circle of dots stencil and the record and arm look great Karen, and love the sentiment on the record label and also the coordinating one underneath. Such a fun and beautiful card. x

cuilliesocks said...

A brilliant card Karen, I love the turntable image and your wonderful dot stencil in the background, super sentiment, Kate x

brenda said...

A great design and lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations, but our theme is Monochromatic - shades of just one colour.

B x

Mac Mable said...

What a fun card and I love how you've combined the stencil with the stamps x.

nancy littrell said...

Awesome record birthday card, Karen. Love the stenciled circle background and the monochromatic design, my friend. The sentiment is perfect too. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this turntable design...the record looks so real too!

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card. Great background. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations. Anesha

Christine Alexander said...

fantastic retro card Karen, I know so many people who would love this :)

Loll said...

Such a fun and creative birthday card Karen. xx

Helen said...

Great stencilled background - it goes so well with the main image.

Thanks for joining us at My Time to Craft.

Helen x