Saturday 24 July 2021

Be Merry


Welcome
Working on a few cards for the holidays (I guess you can never get started soon enough on that) although I am enjoying the summer and don't really want to think about the winter lol.
I have to say though, this card was fun to create.

Anyways, here's what I did to create today's card.
  • I began by inking up my white cardstock using my Gel Plate. To do that, I pressed some Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch and some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink onto my plate.  Using a brayer, I blended the colours together, pressed my paper onto the plate and lifted the print.
  • I rubbed the inky piece with an anti-static bag and placed it into my Misti.  I stamped the snowflakes randomly over the blue panel with some Versamark ink and then white heat embossed the snowflakes.
  • Next, I got out this 'Merry' die.  It is a 2 part die with one die cutting the word and the other cutting the outline.  I cut the outline with some white cardstock, then cut the word right from the stamped panel.  
  • I glued the cut out Merry onto the outline piece and fitted it back into place matching up the background.
  • I glued it onto a white card base then added 3 gems to the snowflake centers.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Snowflakes (TH); Crystal Snowflake (Impression Obsession)
Inks- Distress Oxides (colours mentioned above); Versamark
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook)
Accessories and Tools- Merry die (The Stamp Market); white eb powder; gems; 
Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Spellbinder Platinum; Gel Plate; Speedball Brayer; anti-static bag

15 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE the colors you chose and the way you did the sentiment. FABULOUS design.

Pat said...

This is so so pretty Karen, and I love the colours which are such a favourite and I can see why. I love the white embossed snowflakes and the 'merry' cut from the topper with the contrasting white shadow which looks great. x

Christine Alexander said...

great way to use that die, the pop of white around the letters is great. Wonderful background :)

Carol Cel said...

very cool!!

Sarn said...

Fantastic festive card. Looks very crisp in blue and white x

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving the way the blues blended on the gelli plate Karen, and a gorgeous card using the resultant panel
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lori m said...

Karen your backgrounds are so pretty, beautiful cards, hugs, Lori m

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your blues and background and great raised sentiment Karen, so beautiful.
Faith x

Mac Mable said...

Such a vibrant and striking tonal blue card. Love the gelli plate background, the white snowflakes and the two piece die cut sentiment. A Wow card Karen x.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design and I like how you layered the sentiment that way!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful, smooth colors on the background that make those white embossed snowflakes stand out beautifully, Karen! Love that two part merry die!

Susan said...

Love this - wonderful blue background, beautiful icy snowflakes, great sentiment treatment.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi, KAren! Hope you are staying well up thar! This is a fabulous card, love the look and process. Good for you making holiday cards, I need to get my butt in higher gear on that same mission! xoxo

Monica C. said...

Oh this is a wonderful card! I love the idea of the cutout placed back on a shadow. I have done the cutout and then placed back popped up, but not with a shadow like this. Thank you for the inspiration.
Hugs Monica

Loll said...

Fabulous background to show off the beautiful snowflakes and pretty, layered sentiment. The colours are gorgeous! xx