Sunday 25 July 2021

In My Thoughts

 


Welcome
Meet today's card.
Playing with a new stencil called Lace Panel from A Colorful Life Designs...so pretty.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock for my main panel.  I got out my Gel Plate and pressed on some Cracked Pistachio and some Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide inks directly onto my plate just leaving a bit of space between them as not to contaminate the pads with the other colour.  I brayered the colours together to blend them.
  • Next, I laid the Lace Panel stencil onto the plate making sure that the stencil had good contact with the plate.  I then lifted off the stencil and rubbed a piece of white cardstock over the plate to lift the print.  I was left with this lovely background.
  • Next, I rubbed the print with my anti-static bag and then placed it into my Misti.
  • Using the dragonfly from the Dragonfly Reflections set, I stamped it using some Versafine Clair ink.
  • I stamped the sentiment in the corner then to add interest to the Dragonfly wings, I covered them with some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to add shine and dimension.
  • I splattered with my Posca black pen and then glued it onto a heavy white card base.

Here is the stencil I used:

 Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Shopping Our Stash- QUIT BUGGING ME
Crafty Calendar- ANYTHING GOES
Sweet Stampin'- CREATE YOUR OWN BKG

Supplies
Stamps- In My Thoughts (Hero Arts); Dragonfly Reflections (Visible Image)
Inks- Distress Oxides (colours mentioned above)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ontario)
Accessories and Tools- Lace Panel stencil (ACLD); Nuvo Crystal Glaze; Gel Plate; 
Brayer (TH); Misti

21 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

I always enjoy your use of stencils, Karen! Your colors and combination of stamps and other elements is always mesmerizingly fun and beautiful! hugs, de

Nora Noll said...

I wish my backgrounds came out like this!! I LOVE the greens and that lace stencil is now on my wish list. I am off to see about that gorgeous dragonfly now too. This card is just breathtaking!!

Mac Mable said...

Striking effect with the gelli print, the stencil and the dragonfly and what fabulous pretty tonal colours Karen x.

Jules said...

Hi Karen

Great stencil work as always.

I love the dragonfly and sentiment stamp very much.

Hope all is well with you. Sorry for being a stranger, life has been a bit manic here.

Love Jules xx

Bonnie said...

Another beautiful background, Karen! Love this dragonfly and the sentiment! An awesome card, my friend!

Pat said...

The two tones of green go together beautifully and I love the lacy stencil and the pretty dragonfly and sentiment look wonderful over the top. A brilliant card Karen. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh how beautiful Karen - love the greens together and the gorgeous print you obtained. The dragonfly image is stunning!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

cuilliesocks said...

What a truly beautiful card Karen, the stencil work in the background is so pretty with that magnificent dragonfly on top. Gorgeous colours too, Kate x

Chris said...

Stunning card! Love the stencil and stamps you used, such a lovely combination. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the stenciling and wonderful colors. A great background for the dragonfly!

Sarn said...

Fabulous! Makes me want to get my gel plate out right away! X

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous Karen, I love the effect of distress inks on the gel plate. Wonderful card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So VERY Beautiful Karen, love the green and black with the lovely sentiment and stencil.
Faith x

Monica C. said...

I love your backgrounds! I just managed to snag an array of oxide inks, so I will soon be having a play with them.
Hugs Monica

Lori m said...

Fantastic stencil background, your dragon fly looks amazing with all the detail, beautiful card, hugs, Lori m

Loll said...

Your wonderful stenciled background looks fantastic with the dragonfly, Karen. Beautiful card, my friend! xx

Susan said...

Such a beautiful stencilled background! Love the colours! And love the dragonfly on top of it all!

Donna said...

Gorgeous!
Love the background and dragonflies are my favourite!
Thanks for "bugging out" with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

Annie said...

Love your card design! I always love knowing what you did to create the effects you get. I really really need to play with the Gelli plate I bought!

Chana Malkah said...

Your background is amazing and your "bug" is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, DT
A Place To Start, Owner
613 Avenue Create, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
Shopping Our Stash, DT
The Color of Cards, Owner

lauren bergold said...

what a beautiful card! the dragonfly is wonderful, but that gel print stenciled background is also so striking and elegant! i love literally EVERYTHING about this! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (buggy!) STASH with us this fortnight! ♥