Thursday 7 October 2021

Hello

 


Happy Hello to you!
Meet today's card.
A pretty simple one done with a piece of Yupo paper that I had previously inked up and stuck in my stash....you know, the one that didn't quite work for what you were doing.  
I decided to transform it.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with a piece of Yupo paper and dropped some red and blue Ranger Alcohol inks (sorry I don't know what colours I used as I did this a long time and it's been sitting in my stash) onto the paper.  I used some Blending Solution to help move the colours around. 
  • I pulled out this stencil from The Crafter's Workshop called Mini Joyful Sunflower and placed it over the inked background.
  • Using a paper towel and some Ranger Alcohol Lifting ink, I pressed over the stencil, removing the ink from the background over the stencil.
  • I lifted the stencil off to reveal the image.  I used a bit of Rubbing Alcohol to clean off my stencil, then washed it off with soap and water to remove any residue.
  • After it dried, I glued it onto a piece of white cardstock, then onto some red and then onto a white card base.
  • I wanted to keep the sentiment very simple and not cover up the flower.  I remembered I had my Dad's old Dymo Letter Printer so I got that out.  I can't believe it still works 50 yrs later!!!!  I printed out the 'Hello' and glued it to the front of my card.


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.
I'm so, so sorry that I am way behind at visiting your blogs.  I am feeling swamped with my 5 little daycare ones at the moment and finding it hard to spend much time on social media.  
I will get there though so thanks for hanging in there with me.

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- Ranger AI inks, Ranger AI Lifting ink
Paper- Yupo (Amazon); heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (TCW); Dymo Letter Printer; paper towels; Blending Solution 

7 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

In the end your "didn't quite work" worked beautifully love the end result and the Dymo label.
Faith x

Char said...

Clever card that totally works - thanks for giving good, detailed instructions.

cuilliesocks said...

I just love the colours here Karen, a gorgeous card, Kate x

Pat said...

What a great way of changing a background you didn't like into something wonderful using this pretty TCW Sunflower Karen, and the colours are so bright and beautiful. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Your background may not have worked originally, but this is a stunning use of it Karen. I love the finished card!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Bonnie said...

WOW! What a bright and pretty hello! Don't worry about commenting, my friend! Sounds like you have your hands full! Hug those babies instead.

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful colours with your AI lift ♥