Sunday 31 October 2021

Joyous Holiday


Hello and Welcome
I am playing with this great Big Snowflake stencil and doing an embossed resist technique.
I really like the look it gives and this stencil is one of my favourites.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with a piece of white cardstock, placed it into my Misti and stamped the Snowflake Outline from Simon Says with some Versamark and white heat embossed it.
  • I laid the Big Snowflake Stencil from ACLD over the embossed background, centering it on the panel.
  • I began at the center and blended on some Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink, then some Wilted Violet and finally Blueprint Sketch along the outside edges.
  • Using a dry cloth, I carefully wiped over the panel to remove any of the ink that was on top of the embossing and to make the snowflake pop.
  • I decided to create an 'eclipse' sentiment, so I positioned the 'merry' sentiment over the background and cut it out as you can see from the picture below. 

  • I wanted to add a shadow background to help make the sentiment more visible, so I traced around the die with a pencil and fussy cut it out.

  • I glued the die cut to the white fussy cut one I had done and set aside.
  • I glued the inked panel onto a piece of dark purple cardstock, then onto a white card base.
  • I pop dotted the sentiment back into place over the panel, matching it up in the cut away area.
  • I stamped the strip sentiment onto a piece of navy cardstock with Versamark ink and then white heat embossed it.
  • I glued the strip under the die cut 'merry'.


Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate with not extra cost to you)


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies 
Stamps- Snowflake Outline (SSS), Taylored Expressions-Simple Strips Christmas
Inks- Versamark, Distress Oxides (TH)
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (ACLD); Lawn Fawn white eb powder; Misti (My Sweet Petunia);
Christmas Words die (Cartabella)

8 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Another wonderful snowflake which is just gorgeous, lovely colours, Kate x

Bonnie said...

A clever way to make that camouflaged sentiment stand out, Karen! Beautiful colors for your snowflake!

Pat said...

Such a beautiful large snowflake stencil and love the colours you have used Karen, and the white heat embossing of the outline stencil on to the background and then using your inks is such a great technique and works brilliantly, as does the die cut sentiment cut from the stencilled background and placed on a shape cut from the outline of the die..it looks so pretty. x

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful snowflake Karen, love all the purples and blues ♥

Mac Mable said...

Striking and vibrant card with a fabulous technique Karen. I love the way you've done the sentiment too x.

Viv said...

Fabulous snowflake and I love the card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love how you have used the technique of emboss resist with the stencil, and thanks for sharing the way you cut out the 'shadow' for your die cut.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Cindy Groh said...

WoW! and WoW! Love the rich colors in this card. I can't even form words to express how much I love this card.
Best wishes. Cindy