Saturday 30 October 2021

Forest Souls


Hello and welcome!
A simple card for today using this wonderful die my friend Loll Thompson gifted me.
I was thrilled to say the least!!

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by cutting a white cardstock panel for the front of my card and then I centered the die and cut it out with my die cutting machine.  
  • I set that aside and went looking through my stash for an inked piece.  I keep the 'fails' and all my Gel Plate roll off sheets for times just like this.  The piece I found was just a random one that I had put some Brushos onto over a stencil but added too much water and it all bled.  It wasn't good for much except this or I would have cut it up and used it for something else.
  • Before layering the 2 pieces, I placed the white die cut panel into my Misti and stamped the sentiment from Technique Tues. with some Versafine Clair.
  • I glued the 2 panels onto some blue cardstock, then onto a white card base.

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamps- Christmas Cheer (TT)
Inks- Brushos; Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Forest die (??); Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Spellbinder Platinum die 
cutting machine

13 comments:

Lori m said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful die cut and background, hugs, Lori m

Annie said...

I LOVE this beauty of a card, Karen! I wish I had some design dies that cut like that. Mine all cut out the outside shape too. I’ll have to work on figuring something out, because I really love how this technique looks.

Pat said...

This is a beautiful die Karen and I believe it is an Ali Express one, and so lovely of Loll to gift it to you, and you have given it a brilliant look with the Brusho inked piece from your stash..also love the large sentiment to finish. I would definitely be getting this die if you could get it anywhere else other than China. x

SherylH said...

Beautiful design! Really like how the background is not a solid colour but still highlights the diecut.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful background to show off that gorgeous scene die!

Susan said...

So glad Loll had one of those dies to send you! You've made a beautiful card using it. Wonderful colours!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful card Karen, I love that die :)

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful die to use, and you have really made it 'sing' against the vibrant background Karen - A gorgeous card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

Karen, I believe this is what they call kismet! This was the perfect time for this 'fail' to become the forest!
=]

cuilliesocks said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I love the design and the splash of colour. Kate x

Bonnie said...

A perfect background for this wonderful die cut, Karen! Love the bright colors!

Loll said...

Well you had the most perfect background just waiting for this card, Karen! LOVE the bright colours! xx

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty winter scene and great use of those powders and the fabulous die cut x.