Monday 4 October 2021

Snowy Noel

 


Welcome
Meet today's card that I made after watching a Vicki Boutin Friday night Live.
I used 3 colours of Distress inks to create my background...sort of an ombre look.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with a piece of heavy white cardstock and a piece of acetate.  You can use the packaging from any stamp set if you don't have a dedicated piece of acetate.  I rubbed some Peacock Feathers Distress ink directly onto the acetate, sprayed with a lot of water and then pressed onto the left hand side of my cardstock since I knew I wanted my panel to go from light to dark. I splattered and rubbed it on until that area was covered with ink, drying as I went along to get a nice layered look and leaving some white areas.
  • When I was happy with the inking in that area, I did the same in the middle section with some Salty Ocean DI and then finally, the right side with some Prize Ribbon DI.  
  • When the panel was dry, I measured and cut it into 3 pieces.
  • I used the Blizzard Corner die to cut out the snowflakes.  That was the only die I had, small enough to fit across the tops of my panels.  I like how they are all attached to each other. That die is meant to cut a corner but after die cutting it, I cut it all up into pieces to add to the top of the panels.
  • I splattered with my white Posca pen and then pop dotted them onto my card panel front.
  • I wanted the 'NOEL' letters to be silver, but I didn't have any metallic paper, so I pressed my Versamark ink pad onto a piece of white cardstock and embossed it using some silver embossing powder.  I die cut the letters from that and glued them onto the inked panel.  
  • I added 3 silver sequins around the sentiment to finish off my card.

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp- ANYTHING GOES
Crazy 4 Challenges- INSPIRED BY A SONG 
(Let it Snow)
Allsorts- I LOVE....
(this technique of inking and the blue)

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- Distress Inks, Versamark
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- silver EB powder; heat tool; Bold Letters (Scrapbook.com); 
Blizzard Corner (Poppystamps), silver sequins; acetate; white Posca pen

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love the background and the snowflakes, my friend! What a great idea to emboss the NOEL! Much more interesting than foil! Love the added texture!

Lucia said...

Such a beautiful and peaceful card, I love it.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful with all that snow!

cuilliesocks said...

This is so beautiful Karen, gorgeous design and colours, Kate x

Sarn said...

Ooh another gorgeous festive make xxx

Pat said...

This is so pretty and love the way you have cut the background into three and used a corner snowflake die cut up to cover the top of the three panel so well, and a great idea to silver emboss a piece of card to cut your super large sentiment letters from..the sequins finish it perfectly too. x

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Karen - love the background and the small snowflakes over it are perfect. Well done on 'creating' you own silver cardstock :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This sounds like a great technique to create backgrounds and yours has turned out beautifully. Thank you for sharing this lovely card in our 'I Love' Allsorts challenge this week.
Lorraine

brenda said...

An elegant Christmas card, many thanks for sharing a crafty 'I love....' with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Linby said...

It's a great technique and looks like you had fun too. A lovely card. Thanks for joining in with my theme at Allsorts challenge this week.
Lynn x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous inspiration I may case Karen? I had a Noel die as a magazine freebie last week. This is absolutely gorgeous, I love the colour mix and the snowflakes.
Faith x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Karen what a beautiful festive card the colour is so vibrant and stands out so lovely thank you for sharing this with us at ALLSORTS this week
hugs
lolo x