Sunday 5 December 2021

Joyous Season

 


Welcome
Meet today's card.
Super simple and came together so quickly using what has become one of my favourite embossing folders this year.

So here's what I did.
  • Once again I went looking through my roll off sheet I did with acrylic paint while taking the Gel Plate printing class this past summer.  I found this one with blue and purple and thought it would work well.
  • I placed the paper into the Perfect Poinsettia embossing folder and ran it through my die cutting machine.  It does help to give the paper a light spritz of water before embossing for a deeper impression.
  • After I embossed it, I used a sanding block to gently sand off the raised areas....so simple but gives great results.  I splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • I die cut the Celebrate 3 times and glued them together.  Using some Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide ink, I inked up the bottom of the sentiment to add more detail.  I glued that into the bottom corner.
  • I stamped the sentiment strip and pop dotted it over the celebrate.
  • I glue it onto a heavy white card base, then added some shiny gems to the center of the flower.

Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- HAPPY HOLIDAYS/CHRISTMAS

Supplies
Stamps- Simple Strips Christmas (TE)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair, acrylic paint
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Perfect Poinsettias eb folder (Altenew); Celebrate die (MFT);
inking tool; shiny gems (Dollar Store); foam mounting tape; sanding block, Posca pen

14 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Such lovely colours Karen and a beautiful design, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning effect Karen, love the colour mix also.
Faith x

Sarn said...

Fab idea for your spare gelli prints. Forgot about sanding- good reminder.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Bonnie said...

You had the perfect gel press print for this embossed poinsettia, Karen! This is awesome!

Pat said...

This poinsettia EF is beautiful and I love your colours...the blue and purple are the perfect winter colours and love the blue blended on the bottom of the die cut sentiment. x

Christine Alexander said...

love this EF, so pretty with the colours sanded off ♥

I Card Everyone said...

I haven't used a sanding block since we built our last house, Karen! What do you suppose I did with it - probably wore it out!!
Fabulous idea - gorgeous colors!
=]

Aileen said...

Absolutely beautiful Karren, I am so enjoying all your wonderful Christmas cards. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

kiwimeskreations said...

Absolutely beautiful Karen - a stunning use of the paper and folder
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Izzy Scrap said...

Fabulous ! Gel plate definitely makes beautiful background. Your poinsettia looks gorgeous with this colour combo. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Mac Mable said...

Stunning effect and one stand out card Karen x.

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Karen! That embossing folder is amazing and is so beautiful with your gelli plate background. xx

Bobby said...

Fabulous colors, Karen, and sanding the raised portion adds to the dimension. I love the layered sentiment and the gems in the flower center. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Viv said...

Such a fabulous Xmas card Karen, so lovely to see in our gallery again too! Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) hugs Viv xx