Thursday 30 June 2022

Close at Heart


Welcome
Meet today's card.
A simple one featuring this beautiful Nautilus stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.
It made such a great background to feature this lovely sentiment.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by cutting a piece of white cardstock and laid the Nautilus stencil over that.  
  • Starting from the center, I inked it up using some Broken China Distress Oxide ink, then some Peacock Feathers and finally some Blueprint Sketch around the outside edges.
  • I splattered with lots of water to lift some of the ink and add interest, then set aside to dry.
  • After it dried, I placed it into my Misti and stamped the sentiment from Impression Obsession with some black Versafine Clair ink.  It just worked perfectly over the stenciled bkg.
  • Next, I cut my card front panel with a stitched die and cut a window opening to create a frame.
  • I pop dotted the white frame over finished panel and glued that onto a piece of navy cardstock, then onto a heavy white card base.
  • I added 3 navy gems right under the sentiment to add more interest.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate with no extra cost to you)

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Double D- Beach Time

Supplies
Stamps- Side by Side (IO)
Inks- Versafine Clair, DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Nautilus stencil (ACLD); TE Blending Brushes;
navy gems (Dollar Store); Stitched Frame (Memory Box)

11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card Karen, love that sentiment too.
and with DT hat on.....
Beautiful design and project, love the colours for our current challenge … Thanks for joining in at Double D challenges aNNie Design Team
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

cuilliesocks said...

I love this fabulous stencil Karen, and the colours are gorgeous. The sentiment is lovely, Kate x

Diane said...

Fabulous card, stencil and sentiment!! Thank you for joining our fun at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the way you have used those three gorgeous blues together on this stunning stencilling Karen - a great sentiment too
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

Fabulous nautilus and a wonderful sentiment, too, Karen!
=]

Vicki said...

What a cool Nautilus stencil. Looks like a conch shell. And, the color is beautiful. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, "Beach Time" Challenge.

Pat said...

I adore this nautilus shell stencil and looks great in the blue with the added black sentiment and the navy gems underneath Karen. x

Maryanne said...

I like your card the sentiment is so nice.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Love the blue stencilling in the background. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge. ~ Janna TFJ DT

Suzanne C said...

The stencil is fabulous and adds such a beautiful background. Thank you for sharing this with us at They Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge!

Lisa Hoel said...

Thank you for sharing your card with us at the Funkie Junkie challenge. =)