Monday 11 July 2022

You Brighten My World

 


Welcome
Today's card features the Warp Speed stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  
When I saw it, I immediately thought of bright lights and this is the simple design I came up with.

So here's what I did to create my card.
  • I decided to make a notecard size so I cut my white cardstock 3 3/4" square.
  • I laid it onto my Make Art Station and positioned the Warp Speed stencil over it, being sure to center it up.  
  • I began inking in the center with some Mustard Seed Distress Oxide ink, then moved outwards inking it up with some Carved Pumpkin DOX ink next.  I was sure to blend the colours together so it didn't look too orange.
  • I removed the stencil and placed the inked panel into my Misti to stamp the lightbulb in the center of the inked circle.
  • I removed that and stamped the lightbulb again onto a scrap piece of cardstock.  I coloured it using my Copic marker and fussy cut the bulb out.
  • I glued the stenciled piece onto some yellow cardstock and then onto a 4 1/4" square white card base.
  • I pop dotted the bulb I had fussy cut out into position, then covered it with some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to give it a shine.


Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(affiliate with no extra cost to you)

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Shopping Our Stash- BLENDING IN
The Male Room- MONOCHROMATIC
Crafting Happiness- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Bright Idea (Technique Tues.)
Inks- Versafine Clair, DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (ACLD); Misti (My Sweet Petunia); Make Art Station (Ranger);
Nuvo Crystal Glaze; TE Blending Brushes, Copic Markers

10 comments:

MortiCraft said...

Great stencil and great card! Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

aussie aNNie said...

Hey Karen, love this stencil and the way you used it... awesome card. x

dj said...

I am loving that stencil!! Perfect for that light buld stamp!! Way to go shopping your stash! Thanks for playing along with our "Blending In" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash.

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful monochromatic card! Thanks for playing at The Male Room challange.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the stencilling and your bright and wonderful card Karen, it certainly brightened my day.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

Great stencilling and a fabulous image, loving the colours too, Kate x

SmilynStef said...

Wowza ... that is ink blending perfection ... so very glad you got BLEND-y with us at Shopping Our Stash.

AlisonC said...

A bright and fun card, I love how everyone has different ideas. It's a beautiful stencil. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time. x

Janis Lewis said...

Great card! Thanks for playing along at Crafting Happiness Challenges. We are now a weekly challenge blog with themed challenges. Come play this week. I'd love to see more of your crafting projects. Hugs!
Janis

Sari / Granne said...

Your card is so happy and positive, brightens up the day. Thank you for joining the Male Room "Monochrome"-challenge, I hope to see you joining our new "ATC's" -challenge also.