Monday 25 July 2022

Shoreline

 


Welcome
Meet today's card.
I've been playing along with some of the challenges over at Splitcoast Stampers.
So much inspirations there and the theme for this challenge was Let it Run.

So here's what I did to create my simple card.
  • I began by pulling out a scrap of mixed media paper to work on.  I figured it would be a good paper to work with as the inks would run a bit better then using my regular white cardstock.
  • I placed a few small drops of some Salty Ocean Distress re-inker on my non-stick craft mat, sprayed with water to dilute it and then using an old gift card, I dabbed some ink just along the center of my cardstock.  I sprayed with a bit of water to help the ink run.
  • I dried the blue, turned my panel around and then repeated that process using some Wilted Violet Distress re-inker in the same way.
  • While that dried, I took a piece of white cardstock and embossed it using a folder from Darice.
  • I placed the dried panel into my Misti to stamp the birds.
  • I glued the embossed white cardstock onto a heavy white card base.
  • I glued the inked panel onto some black cardstock and used some foam tape to mount it over the embossing.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Addicted to CAS- NAUTICAL
Simon Says Mon.- LET'S GO ON VACATION


Supplies
Stamps- Wetlands (SU)
Inks- Distress re-inkers
Paper- Scribes Nook (Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- old gift card, Mister (TH); Misti (My Sweet Petunia)
EB folder (Darice)

5 comments:

Pat said...

These birds are an image I have seen quite a lot around Blogland, and it is a lovely summertime image with the birds on the seashore, and your colours make it fresh and vibrant and so pretty Karen. x

Christine Alexander said...

great background for your sandpipers :)

bossco said...

I wish you'd said more about how you used the "gift card".
Was it the edge that defined the horizon line? Or did you hold the card face-down?

Bonnie said...

WOW! This is a great background and the technique looks like fun! Thanks so much for the inspiration, Karen!

Margaret said...

Gorgeous background and I like the bird images. Thanks for joining us at International Art & Soul. Good luck. Maggie, DT