Saturday 25 February 2023

Flower Mosaic


Welcome
Meet today's card using another February release from A Colorful Life Designs called Flower Mosaic.
I combined the stenciling with some white heat embossing as a resist to create my card.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I took a piece of white cardstock, placed it into my Misti and stamped this Friendship script stamp over my cardstock with some Versamark ink, then white heat embossed the entire background.
  • I placed the white embossed panel onto my Make Art Station and positioned the Flower Mosaic stencil over that.  I rubbed on some Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink just into the center of my panel, then inked the rest of the panel with Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink.
  • I removed the stencil and wiped over the embossing to lift the excess ink with a paper towel.
  • Next, I took the panel and die cut the heart from the center.
  • I glued the piece onto some white cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I pop dotted the heart back into place over the large main panel.
  • I took a scrap of black cardstock, stamped the sentiment and white heat embossed that as well.
  • I popped the sentiment right over the middle of the heart.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- Everyday Sentiments (Your Next Stamp); Friendship Background (Hero Arts)
Inks- Versamark; Distress Oxides
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Flower Mosaic stencil (ACLD); heart die (Hero Arts);
white embossing powder; Make Art Station (Ranger); TE inking Brushes;
foam tape; Misti (My Sweet Petunia)

10 comments:

Pat said...

This is very clever and looks great Karen with the white embossed script and then the mosaic stencilling over the top, and a lovely sentiment too. x

Lori m said...

Your mosaic card is just stunning, hugs, Lori m

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a clever use of the stencil Karen. With a wonderful and beautiful result.
Faith x

aussie aNNie said...

Karen another outstanding colourful design, love your creative vibes xx

Deborah Wheeler said...

I do love this Karen - your background is fabulous! Thanks for joining our 'hugs & kisses' theme at Alphabet Challenge
Deborah DT

Chrissy said...

Lovely pattern with the stencil and die cut heart, very nice.
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cheiro urgia said...

You've created a fascinating card, I love the beautiful shades of blue. The combination of the mosaic stencil and letters is amazing, and the black sentiment strip in the center of your pattern is great for a card like this. I had to look twice to determine whether the heart is a cut-out or an optical illusion, because it blends so well with the background. Fantastic project alltogether, I can almost see it framed on a wall/display. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika

Epie said...

A amazing flower , nice work
Hugs Epie

Billie A said...

Love the way you used the stamp. Great idea and awesome card. So glad you shared over at Alphabet challenge.

⭐ Divine Fortune said...

Thanks for ability to provide readers with valuable insight and advice. Don't quit blogging ❤️️