Tuesday 21 February 2023

Offbeat Circles


Welcome
Meet today's card.
This new February released stencil called Offbeat Circles from A Colorful Life Designs is a fun one.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I laid a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and positioned the Offbeat Circles over that.  
  • To give my card a bit of a different stenciled look, I applied the inks using a baby wipe over the stencil.  The colours I used from left to right were:  Lumberjack Plaid, Carved Pumpkin and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide ink.
  • To help get a bit more definition to the look of the stenciling, I went back over with a blending brush and bit more of the inks mentioned above.
  • Leaving the stencil in place, I stamped over with some text to help add interest.
  • I removed the stencil and stamped the grid pattern over that.
  • I die cut a circle from the center of the finished panel and stamped the sentiment from Avery Elle onto that.
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of heavy white cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
We Love Stamping- ANYTHING STAMPED/OPTION- STENCIL
AAA Birthday- USE A STENCIL
Inkspirational- USE A STENCIL

Supplies
Stamps- Everyday Circle Tags (Avery Elle); Faded Text (TH); Grid (SSS)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- Offbeat Circles stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);

6 comments:

Pat said...

This is a really modern take on a circle design with this stencil Karen, and love the red, yellow and orange tones across the card, and the circle cut from the piece and stamped with a great greeting standing out well in black. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What an amazing stencil Karen, and you have used it so stunningly on this fabulous vibrant card!!
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

Beautifully vibrant but not eligible at We Love Stamping as explained with previous entries.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A wonderful and vibrant background Karen. I love the colour mix.
Faith x

Jane said...

Loving those hot summery colours. Great use of that stencil. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This stencil made an amazing bg! Very cool card! Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday