Saturday 11 February 2023

Always Better with You


Good Morning
Hope all is well in your part of the world.

Today's card features such a fun stencil called Square Frames.  It is another one of the great newly released stencils from A Colorful Life Designs for February.
This one is so fun as the squares overlap each other.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and positioned the Square Frames stencil over that.
  • I began at the center of the stencil and inked it up with some Mustard Seed Distress Oxide ink.
  • I moved outwards with the inking adding some Carved Pumpkin next and then some Picked Raspberry around the edges.
  • I placed the stenciled panel into my Misti and stamped over it with the background lines using more of the Picked Raspberry DOX ink. (This stamp only has a number on it and no name.  I can't find it on the Hero Arts site so it may be discontinued?)
  • Next, I splattered with my white Posca pen and dotted the circles to add interest.
  • While that dried, I stamped the sentiment in my Misti and then die cut it out.
  • I glued the dried panel onto an A2 sized card base and pop dotted the sentiment in the center.


Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks for the visit.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- SOMEBODY TO LOVE
Simon Says Wed.- FUN WITH DIES
Shopping Our Stash- LOVE IS IN THE AIR

Supplies
Stamps- Roadside Messages (HA); bkg (HA)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Misti; white Posca pen; 
Make Art Station (Ranger)

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Super and wonderful design Karen, love the colour mix too.
Faith x

Pat said...

What beautiful bright colours Karen, and love the look of the overlapping squares design with the dotted lines stamped over the top, and the central stamped and fussy cut sentiment attached to the middle which looks great. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What an visually intriguing card Karen - love the extra layer of stamping you added to the background - it complements it stunningly. The sentiment is such a fabulous feature for the card
Blessings
Maxine

dj said...

What a fun stencil...you have the coolest!! It pairs up perfectly with your stamp!! I am adding this stencil to my wish list!! Oh and I love that sentiment!! cWay to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our “love is in the air” challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS489

Kate said...

Such an awesome background!! And your sentiment is absolutely perfect with it! Great colour scheme too!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper