Saturday 3 June 2023

Lush Flowers- Stencil Layering


Good Morning
Today's card features 2 new fun stencils for June called Lush Flowers and Wave Cloud from A Colorful Life Designs.
I did some stencil layering to come up with this fun card.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with a piece of white cardstock and placed it onto my Make Art Station.  
  • I positioned the Lush Flowers stencil over that and inked it up with some Broken China and some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink.
  • Leaving that stencil in place, I positioned the Wave Cloud stencil over the flowers and inked again, this time with some Blueprint Sketch DOX ink.  It added such a fun design to the background.
  • Next, I stamped the sentiment in some Salty Ocean DOX ink and die cut it out.
  • I glued the stenciled card front to a piece of light blue cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment over the background.
 

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Crafting Happiness- ANYTHING GOES
Use Your Stuff- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamp- Big and Bold Sentiments (SSS)
Inks- DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- Stencils (ACLD); Make Art Station (Ranger); 
TE Blending Brushes

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another mix of wonderful stencils Karen, the effect is clever and beautiful.
Faith x

Pat said...

Another wonderful combination of stencils Karen and the white flowers stand out really well over the swirly wave design in the background, and two lovely blue tones too. x

kiwimeskreations said...

A great choice of stencils for a fabulous result Karen
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

Karen, I love your stacked stenciling technique and the results are wonderful!
=]

marilyn said...

How fun! Curious how many times it takes to get the right combo of stencils?? I can see making so many errors until I got it "right"!