Saturday 17 June 2023

Party in the Garden


Good Morning.
Today, I am showing a sunny, happy feeling card featuring the new for June stencil called Party Lei and the Script stencils from A Colorful Life Designs.
So easy to create a card for any occasion using it.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and then placed the Party Lei stencil over that.
  • I inked the whole thing up with some Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide ink.
  • Next, I laid the Script stencil over the top, leaving the Party Lei in place and inked it up with some Candied Apple DOX ink to added interest and pattern to the flowers.
  • I stamped the sentiment with the same ink and die cut it out.
  • I decided to cut the finished panel on the diagonal to add interest and just for something different.
  • I used foam tape to pop up the panel onto a piece of white cardstock, then glued that onto a piece of red and then onto a white A2 sized card base.
  • I popped the sentiment onto the front and then added some red gems to the flower centers.

Here are the stencils I used:

(on sale right now too!)

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- LOTS OF LAYERS

Supplies
Stamp- Big and Bold Sentiment (SSS)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); TE Blending Brushes; Make Art Station (Ranger); red gems (Dollar Store)

4 comments:

Pat said...

Such a great combination of stencils with the flowers and script, and beautiful in those bright orange and red tones Karen, and love the added gems in the centres of the flowers...a terrific card! x

kiwimeskreations said...

More innovative use of your stencils Karen - this is so pretty
Blessings
Maxine

Annick said...

Nice and 'refreshing'. Lovely with these hot temperatures ! Annick

Haven_mom4 said...

Sunny and happy for sure. I love the color scheme and the dimension. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Yor Stuff