Thursday 1 June 2023

Monstera Leaves

 

Welcome!
I can't believe it's June 1st.  Time flies when you're having fun, I guess.
With a new month comes a whole new release of stencils from A Colorful Life Designs.
The stencil I used today is called Coral Reef.  I used it to add depth and details to my leaves.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with a piece of white cardstock.  I inked up the inside of the Monstera Leaves 3D embossing folder from Altenew with some Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink and ran it through my machine.
  • I took that embossed panel and laid it onto my Make Art Station and positioned the Coral Reef stencil over that.  I inked it up with some Lucky Clover Distress Oxide ink that is a bit darker, which picked up the details on the leaves.
  • I die cut the Thanks sentiment from some black cardstock.  This die comes with a shadow so I cut that out of some vellum and glued them together.  By gluing it onto the vellum, it made it easy to add it over the raised, embossed background.
  • I glue the finished panel onto a piece of green cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I glued the sentiment over the center of the card.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
The Paper Funday- EMBOSS IT

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- Distress Oxides
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook, Waterloo, Ont.); black cardstock
Accessories and Tools- stencil (ACLD); vellum; Embossing folder (Altenew); 
TE Blending Brushes; Markered Messages die (Concord and 9th)

6 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Karen, I do love this stencil, makes fabulous background... x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A wonderful background and stencil. Love the large thanks too.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful card Karen, I love the stencil and your fabulous colours, Kate x

Pat said...

That worked brilliantly by inking up the cheese plant leaves EF and then added the stencilled coral over the top Karen, and I love the way you finished it with the bold black 'thanks' on the vellum..a bright and pretty look. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Great use of both the embossing folder and the stencil Karen, and the large black letters of the sentiment are the perfect 'foil' to the busy background
Blessings
Maxine

Diane said...

This is gorgeous, such great inspiration, makes me want to stencil right now!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th