Saturday 10 June 2023

Special Congrats


Welcome
Today's card was a fun one using this new stencil called Tropical Flowers from A Colorful Life Designs.
I paired it up with the Tic Tac Toe mask to give the look of the flowers on a trellis.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station, then placed the Tropical Flowers stencil over that.  I inked it up with some Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink.
  • To add more interest and depth to the look of the flowers, I rubbed some Uncharted Mariner DOX just into the center of the flowers.
  • I remove that stencil and positioned the Tic Tac Toe mask over the flowers and inked that up with some Shaded Lilac DOX ink.  
  • I splattered with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • I stamped the sentiment with some more Villainous DOX ink (although it looks black) and die cut it out.
  • I glued the finished panel onto a piece of white cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to pop up the sentiment and added 3 silver gems around that. 


Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Tic Tac Toe Challenge- I chose: INK BLENDING/ FREE/ FLORAL

Supplies
Stamp- Big and Bold Sentiments (SSS)
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white- Scribes Nook, Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencils (ACLD); Make Art Station (Ranger); white Posca pen;
silver gems (Dollar Store)

5 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely stencil Karen, love this and the background mask. xx

Pat said...

Wow this looks great with the darker and lighter purple tones Karen using these pretty floral and grid stencils together, and the white ink spattering and gems finish it beautifully. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another great mix of stencils Karen, loving the purple too.
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning use of the stencils here Karen - and I love the purple tones you ahve used also
Blessings
Maxine

cuilliesocks said...

Just so beautiful, I love the stencil and the colour, Kate x