Tuesday 30 May 2023

Celebrate BIG!


Welcome
Today's card features a new for May stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called Meteorites.
Just a fun little stencil to play with that I used to create a border.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock for my front panel.  I laid that onto my Make Art Station and positioned the Meteorites stencil over the first edge.  It is a smaller size stencil so easy to move around without having to mask.  I inked that up with some Mustard Seed Distress Oxide ink.
  • I moved the stencil around to another side of my card front panel and inked with more of the Mustard Seed until all the edges were inked.
  • I cleaned my stencil off and repeated that whole process again using some Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide ink.
  • Lastly, I went all around the edges with some Picked Raspberry DOX ink to finish it off.
  • I die cut the white frame, placed it into my Misti and stamped the sentiment onto the center area.  It was the perfect fit.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of orange cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card panel.
  • I used some foam tape to pop the sentiment right into the center of the panel.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamp- Celebrate (IO- retired)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair
Paper- heavy white- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencil (ACLD); Make Art Station (Ranger); 
Braided Oval Frame die (Pinkfresh)

3 comments:

nancy littrell said...

LOVE your new stencil and the colors you choose for your background. Also thanks for reminding me to use the die cut oval, which I have neglected. TFS and always inspiring me, my dear friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Pat said...

Wow how bright and pretty Karen and I love the way you have used the Meteorites stencil and the beautiful ornate oval mat for the large sentiment is perfect. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the result of your stencilling Karen - soft but cheerful colours and a wonderful sentiment panel
Blessings
Maxine