Saturday 20 May 2023

Just Imagine- Use Your Stencil as a Stamp


Welcome
Today's card features the newly released Star Stretch stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.
I tried a new technique for this card and was pleased with the results as it gave a muted background.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I got out a piece of white cardstock and my Star Stretch stencil.  I also got out a solid background stamp from Hero Arts called Paint Swatches.  You have to use a solid stamp for this technique.
  • Next, I inked up the solid stamp with some Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink and pressed the stamp onto the Star Stretch stencil to pick up the pattern and stamped that onto my white cardstock.
  • I repeated that process until the whole panel was covered.
  • I placed the stenciled panel into my Misti and stamped the flowers to one side and the sentiment near the top.  I did heat emboss them to help make them pop.
  • I glued the finished panel onto a piece of black cardstock, then onto blue and then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I added 3 black gems around the sentiment.

Here is the stencil I used:
Star Stretch

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Stamping Sensations- STENCIL AND STAMPING
Cardz 4 Galz- BACKGROUNDS
Bastel-traum- PLANTS/FLOWERS

Supplies
Stamps- Just Be Happy (Visible Image); Clover Silhouette (Magenta); Paint Swatches (HA)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencil- ACLD; Make Art station (Ranger); Misti (My Sweet Petunia);
clear EB powder

6 comments:

Pat said...

Such a soft and pretty background Karen and love the flowers and big bold sentiment, and lovely finishing touch with the black gems. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a beautiful background and card Karen, the black on top is just so you. I can always identify your cards, isn't that a lovely thing to be able to do.
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a stunning result from the use of your technique Karen - a fabulous card
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

Lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations May challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Pamela said...

what a fun and unique background that you've created for your card, using stencil is such a smart way to do that! thank you for joining us at C4Galz

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card! That is an awesome technique!
Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz
Debbie - C4G DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That