Tuesday 23 May 2023

Oh So Happy!


Welcome
Meet today's card featuring the new for May Night Sky stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.
Also, we have another great stamp set as well called Happy Thoughts.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began with a piece of white cardstock and got out my salad spinner.  To see how to use the salad spinner go HERE.
  • I placed the white cardstock into the salad spinner, gave a big spray of Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink right into the center, placed the lid on and spun away.
  • I removed the cardstock from the spinner and let dry, then laid the Night Sky stencil over the inked background and inked it up with some Peacock Feathers DOX ink.
  • I splattered with my white Posca pen and let it dry.
  • I stamped the sentiment from the Happy Thoughts set, then die cut it into a circle.  I rubbed some Peacock Feathers DOX ink just around the edges.
  • I die cut another circle, slightly larger from white cardstock and glued the 2 circles together.
  • I glued the main panel onto a piece of white cardstock and then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I popped the circle into the center using foam tape.

Here is the stencil and stamp set I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Use Your Stuff- USE A TECHNIQUE
Make My Monday- MASCULINE

Supplies
Stamp- Happy Thoughts (ACLD)
Inks- DOX spray and ink; Versafine Clair
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencil (ACLD); Misti; Salad spinner (Dollar Store);
TE Blending Brushes; white Posca pen; foam tape; Infinity Circle dies (Hero Arts)

8 comments:

Lori m said...

Gorgeous, loving those shades of blue/turquoise, very pretty, hugs, Lori m

Pat said...

This is one great way of using a salad spinner to spread the ink Karen, and such a pretty result Karen, and I love the added stars and a fun sentiment to finish. x

cuilliesocks said...

A fabulous card, I love the design Karen and you're signature blue shades, Kate x

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your 'spun' background Karen- it's made a stunning card here
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great stencil background, with its pretty colour mix to show off your stamp Karen.
Faith x

Heather said...

Karen, this is so fun! I'm totally trying this with my salad spinner, too, and I love the cool blues you used! Great graduated sentiment! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Uschi said...

So beautiful! This background is so stunning. I've never noticed this technique of a salad spinner. It really looks that unique. There are great stars in there too and the blue colour really is amazing. Those die cut circles really stand out.
Thank you for sharing this awesome project with the Everybody Art Challenge.
Hug Uschi

Dawn Phillips said...

That's a much better use for a salad spinner than using it for salad. It's a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x