Thursday 25 May 2023

Near or Far

Good Morning

Today's card features a new stencil called Classic Travel from A Colorful Life Designs.
This stencil set includes 3 different images on one sheet.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and inked it up with some Broken China Distress Oxide ink.
  • I placed the inked cardstock into my Misti and stamped the map image with some black Versafine Clair ink.
  • I splattered with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • I took another piece of white cardstock and placed it onto my Make Art Station.  I put the compass image from the Classic Travel stencil over my paper and inked it up with some more Broken China DOX ink.
  • To help it look more like a compass, I covered it with some Nuvo Crystal Glaze. It takes awhile for the Glaze to dry, but when it was, I fussy cut it out.  Sorry, the picture doesn't do it justice, I just kept getting a glare.
  • I glued the map background to an A2 sized card base and then I glued the black flourish die cut over that.  A friend gifted me a package of these die cut flourishes and I thought one of them would work well on this card.  I glued the compass shape onto the center of flourish. 

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Make My Monday- MASCULINE
Crazy is Our Fame- Stencils are Our Game- ANYTHING GOES= OPTION FLOWERS
The Crafty Addicts- ANYTHING GOES
Craft Rocket- FOR THE BOYS

Supplies
Stamps- Un Voyage Autour de Monde (Carabelle Studios)
Inks- Versafine Clair, DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencil (ACLD); Make Art Station (Ranger); white Posca pen;
Nuvo Crystal Glaze; flourish die (??gift from a friend); Misti

8 comments:

Pat said...

I love the map in the background and then the added ornate frame for the compass over the top looks great and fits in perfectly with the theme Karen. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful use of the stencil, Karen, and a striking card!
Blessings
Maxine

cuilliesocks said...

This is a fabulous card with a great design, very cleverly created, Kate x

Heather said...

Fascinating stencil, Karen - looks perfect in your cool blues! The compass comes through perfectly - great job with the glaze! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What an interesting card, with so many wonderful things you have done to make it. Great die and the compass is just lovely.
Faith x

Gina said...

Oh wow! This card turned out fabulously well....the colour combi...the florish die cut, the map stamped background...fantastic :D Thank you for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts XXX

Maria Valente said...

This is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at MMMChallenge blog. Hugs

Sue Jackson said...

I love this blue with black and white. It's a gorgeous card! Your creativity really shines! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday! I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue - DT