Sunday 28 May 2023

Torn Paper Stenciling- Shine Bright

 

Hello and Welcome.
I have the pleasure of hosting the TLC Challenge (Technique Lovers) over at Splitcoast Stampers.
So today, I decided to pair up the Star Stretch stencil from A Colorful Life Designs with some torn paper.
It's a fun technique to use to get a totally different look from your stencils.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and using some scraps of paper, I tore strips that I would use as masks with the Star Stretch stencil.
  • I laid the the torn pieces of scrap paper over the white cardstock, then placed the stencil over that and inked it up with some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink. 
  • I removed the stencil and the masks and roughly repositioned them over the areas already inked, matched up the stencil to the pattern already laid down and inked over that with some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink.
  • I repeated the above steps and lastly, inked with some Blueprint Sketch DOX ink.  I think using the torn pieces of paper gave the stencil a very unique look.
  • I removed all the masks and the stencil and splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of white cardstock and fussy cut it out.
  • I inked up another scrap of white paper with some Blueprint Sketch DOX ink, splattered with the white again and die cut a star from that.  I did outline the edges with my white Posca pen to help it be a bit more visible over the background.
  • I glued the stenciled piece onto some navy cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to mount the star in the corner and glued the sentiment onto that.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ADD A SENTIMENT
Dragonfly Dreams- MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Supplies
Stamp- Smile, Shine, Sparkle (Sizzix)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencil (ACLD); star die (Scrapbook.com); white Posca pen;
TE Blending Brushes; scraps of paper for masking; foam tape

6 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

A fabulous stencil and a brilliantly designed card, Kate x

Pat said...

That starry background looks wonderful Karen, and love the added complementary blue star and a very apt sentiment too. x

Alyson Mayo said...

That is such a cool stencil technique - love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful card, love what you did with the stencil.
Faith x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great technique Karen, and fabulous result
Blessings
Maxine

Cazro said...

Fabulous result with the stencilling, a wonderful card for our challenge. Thank you for joiining in the fun at Dragonfly Dreams. Caz. DT.