Tuesday 16 May 2023

I Will Be With You

Good Morning
Meet today's card featuring this exciting new Layered Squares Mandela stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  
It sure is a fun one to play with and comes with 3 layering stencils to use together or by themselves...so many possibilities.  I decided to use just 2 of the stencils together for my card.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and positioned the Layered Squares Mandela stencil Part #1 over my cardstock and inked that up with some Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide ink.
  • I removed that stencil and replaced it with Stencil #2 of that set but this time, I used a baby wipe and some Villainous Potion DOX ink to apply the colour.  Just rub some ink onto a piece of acetate and pick up the colour with the wipe.  It gives such a different effect and look to the inking.
  • Next, I removed the stencil and to add more interest, I splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • I placed the stenciled panel into my Misti and stamped the sentiment into the corner and clear heat embossed it.
  • I glued the piece onto some pale purple cardstock, then onto and A2 card base.

Here is the stencil I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so very much for the visit.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- STENCIL IT
Crazy is Our Fame- Stencils are our Game- STENCIL with option FLOWERS

Supplies
Stamp- Darkness Stars (Impression Obsession RETIRED)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencils (ACLD); Make Art Station (Ranger); baby wipes;
Misti, white Posca pen; clear embossing powder; TE Blending Brushes

6 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful card Karen, and what a lovely verse, Kate x

Pat said...

This is an interesting look Karen and I love the purple tones and a lovely sentiment too. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful background Karen - love the two colours together and the look of the 'wiped' background. That sentiment is amazing
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your starry make, a lovely stencil to use with it too.
Faith x

I Card Everyone said...

Fabulous stenciling, and wonderful sentiment, too, Karen!
=]

Heidi said...

Eine sehr schöne Karte, ich mag die Farbe!
Danke, dass du deine tolle Karte bei Paperminutes zeigst!

Liebe Grüße -
Heidi.