Saturday 6 May 2023

Sending Happy Thoughts Your Way

Good Morning and Happy Saturday!
Today, I'm playing with 2 new stencils from A Colorful Life Designs called Air Jaunt and Classic Travel.
I paired these 2 stencils with each other to create a simple CAS card.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and positioned one of the elements of the Classic Travel stencil over my paper, centering it.  This stencil has 3 different element on it as you can see below.
  • Next, I inked it up with some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink and a hint of some Uncharted Mariner DOX ink to add some shadowing.
  • I removed that stencil and positioned the Air Jaunt stencil around the earth image and inked that with some more Uncharted Mariners DOX ink.
  • I removed the stencil and placed the panel into my Misti to stamp the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp.
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of blue cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.

Here are the stencils I used:
Classic Travel


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- NO PATTERNED PAPER
AAA Cards- PICK A SIDE- HOT OR COLD COLOR SCHEME
(cold)

Supplies
Stamp=Happy Thoughts (SSS)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencils (ACLD); Misti; TE Blending Brushes

6 comments:

Pat said...

That's a great card using these stencils with a travel theme which go together beautifully Karen, and I love the blue tones which look wonderful together. x

sentsue said...

Love that you created your card with stencils! Great work and thanks for sharing it on the AAA Cards Challenge.

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a fun card Karen - love your shading on the central stencil.
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Super choice of doubling up Karen, love the stencils and your shading is lovely too.
Faith x

JanR said...

Splendid card, Karen! I'm loving all the blue! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Jane.D said...

Oh, I love a good stencil, and these are fab. Beautiful card! Love how you've used the stencils and the gorgeous blues. Thank you for sharing and playing at AAA Cards. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!