Monday 1 May 2023

Life's Journey


Welcome
Happy May!!!
It's a new month so that means it's time for some new stencil releases.
This Star Stretch stencil from A Colorful Life Designs made some pretty interesting patterns when I used it as a monoprint.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by rubbing the entire back of the Star Stretch stencil with some Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink, sprayed with a generous amount of water and pressed onto a piece of white cardstock.
  • I let the stencil sit on the paper for a bit, rubbing over it and giving the ink a chance to soak into the cardstock. I removed the stencil and let the piece dry.
  • While that dried, I placed another piece of white cardstock into my Misti, stamped the sentiment and fussy cut it out.
  • I placed the stenciled piece into my Misti and stamped the flowers with black ink.
  • I glued the panel onto a piece of matching blue cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • Lastly, I pop dotted the sentiment over near the corner.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamp- Just Be Happy (Visible Image); Valley Berries (Memory Box)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- Misti (My Sweet Petunia); foam tape

5 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

This is a fabulous card Karen, I love the star stencil in the background and the lovely foliage stamps in the foreground, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I would never have thought the flowers would be so apparent with this stencil. A gorgeous card Karen.

kiwimeskreations said...

A fabulous use of the stencil Karen and I suspect an unexpected result!! Love the end result, and fabulous card
Blessings
Maxine

Pat said...

That stencil monoprint looks wonderful Karen and the Uncharted Mariner is a beautiful blue and then the pretty silhouette berries and lovely sentiment look delightful over it. x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Karen, this card looks awesome! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges!