Thursday 4 May 2023

Layered Solar System


Welcome
How about some space fun using the newly released Layered Solar System stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.
I guess it's Star Wars Day today so perfect timing for my card.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I began by placing a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station. I positioned Part #1 of the Layered Solar System stencil over my cardstock and inked it up with some Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide ink.
  • I removed that stencil and positioned the Part #2 stencil (this adds the details to the planets) and inked that up with some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink.  I wanted to add a bit of shading to the planets, so I inked over them in places with some Salvaged Patina DOX ink.
  • I removed the stencil and splattered with my white Posca pen.
  • When it was all dry, I stamped the sentiment into the middle area.
  • I glued the finished panel onto a piece of blue cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.

Here is the 2-Part stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- NO PATTERNED PAPER
The Crafty Addicts- ANYTHING GOES
Addicted to Stamps and More- DIE CUTS and/or STENCILS

Supplies
Stamp- The Sky is the Limit (SU)
Inks- Versafine Clair, DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencils (ACLD); TE Blending Brushes; Make Art Station (Ranger);
white Posca pen; Misti (My Sweet Petunia)

5 comments:

Pat said...

This is a really fun look Karen using the layered solar system stencil and with some pretty colours too, and then the perfect sentiment to go with it. x

aussie aNNie said...

Cool card and awesome colours here Karen, great stencil work x

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving the layers of colour you have used Karen, especially the slight shading on some of the planets. A fabulous result
Blessings
Maxine

cuilliesocks said...

This is a fabulous card Karen, I love the stencil and your colours, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the stencil and how you used your colours Karen, with the great design.
Faith x