Saturday 8 July 2023

Bright and Happy Birthday


Good Morning.
Meet this month's new stencil called Viewmaster from A Colorful Life Designs.
So many possibilities.
I paired it up with a June release called Party Lei.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of white cardstock and laid the Viewmaster stencil over that.  I inked it up from the center out using some Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink.
  • Leaving the stencil in place, I positioned the Party Lei stencil over it and inked again with the same colours mentioned above.
  • I removed both stencils and set aside to dry.
  • I stamped the sentiment with some Lumberjack Plaid DOX ink onto some white cardstock and die cut it out.
  • I glued the stenciled panel onto a piece of red cardstock, then onto an A2 sized card base.
  • I used some foam tape to add the sentiment and added 3 red gems around it.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies
Stamp- Big and Bold Sentiment (SSS)
Inks- DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
Misti (My Sweet Petunia); TE Blending Brushes; gems (Dollar Store)

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous result from layering the two stencils Karen - the deep red on the sentiment really makes it stand out beautifully
Blessings
Maxine

aussie aNNie said...

Karen, wow love this gorgeous card and stencils, magnficent post xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Bright and happy this card certainly is Karen, another super combination of stencils.
Faith x

Pat said...

Another great double stencil look Karen and in such bright and pretty colours, and the large added sentiment finishes it perfectly. x