Saturday 22 July 2023

The Best of Wishes


Welcome
Today's card features the new Atoms stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.
I decided to do an ombre inking after I messed up the first panel I was stenciling.  
Glad I could rescue this one, will tell you about it below.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I placed a piece of white cardstock onto my Make Art Station and placed the Atoms stencil over that, turning it to one side so the point was facing outward on my card panel.  I inked that up with some Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink.  
  • I continued inking across my card front and then oops....the stencil moved on me and the inking was blurry on the one side.  So I set that aside thinking I would trash it.
  • So.....I started all over again inking this time with some Cracked Pistachio and then some Rustic Wilderness DOX ink. To add some depth of colour, I inked the edges of the panel with some Tumbled Glass DOX ink.
  • Now, I looked at the piece I had messed up and thought that I could cut it down and use the part that was clearly inked ok, to add interest of my card with a popped up panel.
  • I stamped the sentiment and clear heat embossed it on the larger stenciled panel.
  • I glued the stenciled card front with the sentiment, onto a piece of white cardstock and then popped the smaller section that I had cut from the oops piece, over to the side with some foam tape, matching up the pattern.
  • Finally, I glued it onto an A2 sized card base and added 3 black gems.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More- DIE CUTS AND/OR STENCILS
Corrosive Challenge- ANYTHING GOES
Crafting Happiness- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamp- Scripted Bold Sentiments (Pinkfresh Studios)
Inks- Versafine Clair; DOX
Paper- Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
TE Blending Brushes, Misti (My Sweet Petunia); black gems (Dollar Store); foam tape

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A super result on the rescue card Karen, love the colour mix.
Faith x

Pat said...

There are no mistakes just happy accidents, and this is definitely the happy kind Karen as the raised panel on the left works brilliantly, and the colour combo with the Cracked Pistachio and the Rustic Wilderness is beautiful..a super card. x

cuilliesocks said...

A fabulous design Karen and a beautiful card, well corrected, Kate x

kiwimeskreations said...

Clever use of the stencil, and the 'ooops' piece too, to make a striking card Karen
Blessings
Maxine

Inkyfingers said...

I love your beautiful shaded inking, Karen and the modern geometric look that fabulous stencil gives. Such a beautiful, crisp sentiment too!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.