Sunday 30 July 2023

Stencil Transfer Stamping

 


Welcome
Today, I'm playing with the new Atoms stencil from A Colorful Life Designs and trying out a new technique as I host the TLC over at Splitcoast Stampers I'm calling 
Making Your Stencils into Stamps
Basically, you use your stencil as a stamp...fun to try out.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I looked through my stamps and picked out a larger solid background stamp.  It's important that it's a solid stamp as you will be transferring the stencil design onto the stamp.
  • I then laid the Atoms stencil onto my non-stick craft mat and inked up my solid background stamp with some Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide along the top and some Peacock Feathers DOX on the bottom.  Here is what the stamp looks like:

  • Next, I pressed the stamp onto the stencil with firm pressure to transfer the pattern onto the stamp and pressed the stamp onto my card front panel.
  • I let that dry and then I stamped the fern along one side.
  • I stamped the sentiment with some Versamark ink in my Misti and white clear embossed it.
  • I mounted the finished panel onto a piece of navy cardstock, then onto a white A2 sized card base.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
AAA Cards- MONOCHROME
Inkspirational- USE STENCILS

Supplies
Stamps- Paint Swatches (Simon Hurley); Large Fern (Hero Arts); Friends (IO- retired)
Inks- DOX, Versafine Clair; Versamark
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); white eb powder; Misti

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great technique with a fabulous result on this gorgeous card Karen
Blessings
Maxine

Pat said...

The added stencil pattern on the stamp has worked brilliantly Karen, and I love the two blue tones, and the black fern looks beautiful over the top, and finished with a lovely sentiment. x

nancy littrell said...

Such a cool card and stencil technique, Karen. I need to check out your SCS site too. TFS my friend. Love and hugs..Nancy

sentsue said...

Beautiful monochrome card! Thank you for sharing your work on the AAA Cards Challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Thanks for the tips Karen, a beautiful card.

cm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cm said...

What a cool technique, with fabulous results. Crushing over the combination of your fern, sentiment and colour choices. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational.
~carol