Tuesday 1 August 2023

Happy Hello


Good Morning
A new month means new stencils from A Colorful Life Designs.
I had fun playing with this one called Bullseye.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a square piece of white cardstock and placed it onto my Make Art Station.
  • I placed the Bullseye stencil over my cardstock and masked around the center circle of the stencil and then inked it up with some Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink.
  • I lifted the stencil up and rotated it, then inked it up with some Ripe Persimmon DOX ink.
  • Using a circle die, I cut that piece out and set it aside.
  • I placed the stencil back down, masked again but this time around the center circle, leaving a band of white cardstock showing.
  • I inked up the stencil with some more Ripe Persimmon DOX ink, rotated the stencil and then inked again with some Picked Raspberry DOX ink.
  • I splattered both pieces with my white Posca pen.
  • I glued the outer rings onto a 4 1/4" square card base and used some foam tape to pop the center circle back into place
  • I die cut the hello and popped it into the middle.

Here is the stencil I used:

Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
The Paper Players- TIC TAC TOE
(I did across- feminine, die cuts, yellow)
Crafting Happiness- ANYTHING GOES

Supplies
Stamps- none
Inks- DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencil (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger); 
low tac tape; white Posca pen, Hero Arts Infinity Circle Dies

4 comments:

Pat said...

This is a fun new stencil Karen and I love the way you have split it up by taking a circle out of it and then making a smaller circle for the centre leaving that nice bit of white space, and the red backed white sentiment stands out well..a really bright and pretty look. x

Jaydee said...

What a fabulous card. I love the bright colors - so on trend and fabulously retro. Placing the white in the middle really helps to focus your eye on the sentiment. Love it. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
Jaydee

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Karen - great use of the stencil!!
Blessings
Maxine

Cindy Groh said...

That’s really cool.