Monday 21 August 2023

Have a Grateful Heart


Good Morning.
Today's card has a great summery feeling to it.
I'm combining the new Dynamic Lines and the Dot Square Grid stencils from A Colorful Life Designs to create my design.

So, here's what I did to create my card.
  • I cut a piece of cardstock 4 inches square and placed it onto my Make Art Station.
  • I decided to use just the corners of the stencil, so I placed just the corner edge of the Dynamic Lines stencil onto one of the corners of my cardstock.  I inked that up with some Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink.
  • I repeated that process until all 4 corners were inked up.
  • When I was finished, there was a large white area in the center of the card panel, so I masked it off and stenciled it using the Dot Square Grid with some Blueprint Sketch DOX ink to add a bit of colour variation and interest.
  • I splattered the whole panel with my white Posca pen and set aside to dry.
  • When the panel was dry, I placed it into my Misti to stamp the sentiment.

Here are the stencils I used:


Discount Code for A Colorful Life Designs
(Affiliate with no extra cost to you) 

Thanks a lot for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Simon Says Wed.- CLEAN AND SIMPLE
Happy Little Stampers- ANYTHING GOES STENCILED
The Crafting Challenge- YOUR FAB COLOUR

Supplies
Stamp- Start Each Day (CTMH)
Inks- Versafine Clair, DOX
Paper- heavy white (Scribes Nook- Waterloo, Ont.)
Accessories and Tools- stencils (A Colorful Life Designs); Make Art Station (Ranger);
TE inking brushes; white Posca pen, Misti (My Sweet Petunia)

3 comments:

Pat said...

I love the design and the two different stencils you used Karen, and the pretty black stamped floral wreath and words look perfect added over the top. x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous result Karen - such creative use of the stencils, and I do love that wreath and greeting
Blessings
Maxine

Manuela said...

Very Nice grazie per aver partecipato alla sfida di The Crafting Chalenge Dt Manuela